Zee Zatara (also known as Zatanna) is one of the main characters in the second generation of the DC Super Hero Girls franchise. She is a member of the Super Hero Girls and a student at Metropolis High School. She is also the daughter of Giovanni Zatara, who is also a magician and performs magic acts.
Why She's Fabulous
- Along with the rest of the Super Hero Girls, she's a very likable hero who she and her friends are willing to stop crime in Metropolis.
- She is considered to be a fan-favorite by many fans of the show.
- Her voice acting is great, since she was voiced by Kari Wahlgren.
- Her friendship with her friends is wonderful, especially with the rest of the Super Hero Girls.
- She had a sad and sympathetic backstory when her mom had left on her birthday when she was little. In fact, it caused Zee to inherit Dark Magic (also known as negative emotions) from her mom.
- She has good talents as well, such as performing magic with her dad.
- She's also a great singer, as she sang in the beginning of the episode #HappyBirthdayZee.
- When she notices a bad situation, she immediately gets to resolving it, just like the rest of the Super Hero Girls.
- Her character design is cute.
- She has a lot of funny and iconic moments in the series.
- In fact, she’s not only a good reboot of Zatanna (from the first incarnation of DC SHG) done right, she’s also basically Raven from Teen Titans GO! done right. (Even though TTG's Raven is tolerable compared to the rest.)
Not So Fabulous Qualities
- There are times where she can be unlikable and have some episodes that showed her at her worst such as Drama Queen, Crushing It, SuperWonderBatBeeZeeLanternMobile, and let’s not forget her most infamous portrayal in the infamous filler episode, Scrambled Eggs due to her and Oliver behaving like huge spoiled toxic brats towards each other just like the rest of the large cast in that episode.
- While her voice acting is great, it's also irritating at times, especially when she's yelling.