Yotsuba Nakano (Nakano Yotsuba) is one of the main characters of The Quintessential Quintuplets series and is the fourth sister of the Nakano Quintuplets, with the other four being Ichika, Nino, Miku and Itsuki. She's the second youngest daughter. A very helpful girl, but reluctant to really say what she wants.
- Yotsuba is initially depicted as a cheerful and outgoing character who is always willing to lend a hand to others.
- Yotsuda is known for her energetic personality and her love of sports, particularly track and field.
- Her character is also distinguished by her trademark green ribbon, which she wears on her head. It was also what she used to first set herself apart from her sisters.
- Due to her helpful personality, combined with her cheerful and bright traits, she is able to make a lot of friends. Yotsuba is sentimental towards familial feelings.
- She gets along with her sisters, mostly Miku and Itsuki.
- Like her sisters, she has cute character design.
- While her sisters have their own quirks, she stands out for being the most eccentric and air-headed out of them while being really cheerful about it.
- She took a level in kindness as before she was haughty and looked down on her sisters by thinking she was the "best". After flunking from their prestigious school and her sisters decided to follow her, she threw away that mindset and focused on living for her sisters.
- She was the first to accept Fuutarou as a tutor, she does so without any problems and doesn't act mean or rude towards him unlike some of the sisters like Nino and Itsuki. She happily cooperates with him to make her sisters acknowledge Fuutarou.
- It is revealed that she is the quintuplet Fuutarou met in Kyoto five years before the start of the series, and how her actions in the past changed the lives of Fuutarou and her sisters. Yotsuba instantly recognized Fuutarou when they meet again at the start of the series, but she doesn't reveal that she was the girl he met back in Kyoto, but that while he was able to keep his promise to study and excel in school, she was unable to do the same.
- She has always been in love with Fuutarou, but feels that she has no right to express those feelings at the risk of her sisters' happiness after what they've done for her in spite of the way she treated them. She's loved him ever since, meaning that she and not Miku was the first to fall for Fuutarou.
- Chapter 90 revisits several past events in the series from Yotsuba's perspective, and reveals that it was her idea to have Itsuki disguise herself as "Rena" with the intention of ending her romantic prospects with Fuutarou as she tries to convince herself that she's fine with Fuutarou falling for one of her sisters instead of her, despite being in love with him for the longest time.
- She has a couple of good quotes that fits her character:
- "I'll support you with everything I've got!"
- "As long as you are here, there is no need to worry."
- "I'm sorry Uesugi-san, but I can't ignore people in trouble!"
- During the School Festival Arc, she is the one who Fuutarou ultimately falls in love with and confesses to. She rejected him at first, but he catches up to her and she finally confesses her love and admits that she cannot lie to him and that she has always loved him.
- After talking with her sisters, Yotsuba begins dating Fuutarou, during which he suddenly proposes to her for marriage at the park with a swing they visited before. She accepts it as it was her dream to become a bride.
- She can be ditzy and incredibly gullible as she tends to take things people say at face value. It can take a while for the implications of certain statements to sink in for her.
- While she was portrayed as a bad liar early on, she is shown to have some knack for lying to herself; being able to hide her true identity from Fuutarou all the time and being able to maintain their relationship, at least when they are together.
- She doesn't reveal to Fuutarou that she was the girl he met back in Kyoto, feeling ashamed that unlike him, she couldn't fulfill their promise to study and excel in school.
- She unintentionally caused Miku's Heroic BSoD as she told Ichika to be more selfish in her pursuit of Fuutarou, unaware that her eldest sister would go as far as trying to sabotage Miku's attempt to confess. She scolds her for this and accidentally lets it slip that Miku is in love with Fuutarou, not knowing that Fuutarou was behind her, causing Miku to run off crying. She blames herself for this, even though it was Ichika's fault for starting the incident in the first place.
- A lot of fans were disappointed when Fuutarou ultimately chose and married Yotsuba, instead of any of the more popular girls like Nino or Miku and how Yotsuba had very little romantic buildup with Fuutarou compared to the others, apart from Itsuki, and how her feelings were only established retroactively with her being the one Fuutarou met when they were both children and putting him on his current path.
- Supporters argue that even despite that, Yotsuba was the only one who had no hostility towards Fuutarou from the beginning and supported him all of the way, which are the exact reasons Fuutarou chose her as he confessed.
- The name Yotsuba means "four" (四) (yotsu) and "leaf, plane, lobe, needle, blade, spear, counter for flat things, fragment, piece" (葉) (ha/ba).
- Yotsuba has a shirt with the number "428" screened on it. This is a pun on her name's reading (Yo-Tsu-Ba).
- Yotsuba's voice actor, Ayane Sakura, once voiced all five girls for a television commercial for the manga in October 2017.
- Yotsuba, alongside her sisters have the same three sizes: B88-W50-H159.