Yakko, Wakko and Dot Warner (also known collectively as "The Warner Siblings" or just "the Warners") are the main protagonists of the 1993-98 Warner Bros./Amblin Entertainment series, Animaniacs, as well as the 2020 Hulu reboot of the same name. They are a trio of 1920s/30s cartoon characters from the Warner Bros. studio who proved to be so zany and destructive that they were locked away in the studio's water tower for many years to come. However, by the time the show's events take place, they escape and regularly cause mischief throughout the outside world.
Why They Are Zany To The Max
- A majority of the show's humor comes from them.
- They have provided some great songs like the Animaniacs theme song, "What Are We?", "The Senses Song", the titular song from the "Piano Rag" segment, etc.
- They have great designs which harken back to 1930s animation.
- They care for each other just like most real-life siblings do.
- Being cartoon characters, they can defy the laws of physics in really creative ways.
- Even though they enjoy causing havoc among people unlucky enough to encounter them, they have helped out many historical figures like Michelangelo, Abraham Lincoln, you name it.
- They follow a moral code of only harassing people who act like absolute jerkoffs, especially to them.
- "Be afraid. Be very afraid."
- He is the oldest of the Warner Siblings and thus a good example of the eldest sibling.
- He has provided some great songs, like the famous "Nations of the World", which is the most iconic thing about him.
- He almost always signifies that adult humor has been detected with his famous catchphrase, "Goodnight everybody!".
- He, along with Wakko, has a crush on Hello Nurse, leading into another one of his famous lines, "Helloooo nurse!".
- Rob Paulsen excels at doing his voice.
- He is known for a voracious appetite that puts Sesame Street's Cookie Monster to shame. The theme song even describes him as packing away the snacks and exemplifies this by showing him devouring a massive amount of food from a dump truck.
- He has his fair share of great songs like "Wakko's America", "Hello Nurse".
- His trademark catchphrase, "Faboo!", is funny and endearing.
- Along with Yakko, he has a crush on Hello Nurse, leading into another one of his famous lines, "Helloooo nurse!".
- He has a great Liverpool accent provided by Jess Harnell.
- Like her brothers, she has a good amount of songs like "I'm Cute" and "Dot's Quiet Time".
- She has her own segment called "Dot's Poetry Corner", where she recites her own twist on many well-known poems.
- As she puts it, she's cute.
- One of her defining gags is her "pet", which is actually a nightmarish abomination that pops out of a small box she brings out.
- One gag that she is known for is her hypocritical humor, where she derides her brothers for their crush on Hello Nurse with one of her well-known lines, "Boys, go fig...". That is until a handsome hunk comes in and she responds the same way her brothers do.
- Tress MacNeille nails her voice greatly.
- Sometimes, their mischief goes too far to the point that they can be a bit annoying and or unlikeable.
- They can sometimes harass other characters that didn’t do anything wrong or are huge jerks which makes them come off as bullies, especially towards Dr. Otto Scratchansniff.
- They were at their absolute worst on Back in Style where they harassed parodies of Yogi Bear, Scooby-Doo, Underdog, and Fat Albert, even if they didn’t do anything to them.
- Their designs by Wang, AKOM, and Freelance can be a little ugly at times.
- They have also done some disgusting stuff every now and then, especially in the reboot.
- Speaking of the reboot, many people have said they feel more off than the original.
- They were Flanderized a bit from Seasons 3-5 on the original show.
- The fact that he sometimes pulls out objects from his pants is a bit disgusting.
- He (probably accidentally) drops a tiger cub and possibly injured it on the cold opening to The Tiger Prince which is animal cruelty.
- He is usually horny whenever around female characters such as Hello Nurse or Minerva Mink.
- He sometimes indulges in toilet humor, like burping (especially in "The Great Wakkorotti" segments) and, in the case of "The Warners' 65th Anniversary Special", making farting sounds with his armpit. This becomes more prominent in the Animaniacs reboot.
- Just like Yakko, he is also horny towards female characters as well.
- His joke about eating everything can get a little repetitive at times.
- He laughs at Yakko and Dot for getting F's and Dot crying on Chalkboard Bungle, which is out of character for him.
- She sometimes boasts about her cuteness, which can be a bit annoying.
- There were times where she can be unlikable and bossy.
- She can be mean to her brothers and sometimes teases them and even hit them with a mallet a few times for no reason.
- She usually gets angry or jealous at her brothers whenever they fall in love with a girl such as Hello Nurse or Minerva Mink, this kind of makes her a hypocrite since she also acts horny around male characters.
- She can sometimes act like a spoiled and immature brat on the original series, but thankfully, she acted much more mature on the reboot.
- However, her rebooted version has issues as well. She became a man-hater in this version, despite never being a part of her character.