(Redirected from Tommy Pickles (Rugrats))
Thomas Malcolm "Tommy" Pickles is a fictional character that appears in the Nickelodeon animated television series Rugrats and its spin-off All Grown Up! as the protagonist of the shows. He is voiced by E.G. Daily.
Why He’s Gotta Do What A Baby’s Gotta Do
- He is the courageous, compassionate, intelligent leader of the Rugrats, and so always leads his friends during adventures and knows what to do in most situations.
- He has a cute character design just like the other Rugrats characters.
- He also happens to be only one year old, which gives him an endlessly interesting perspective on life, being a baby.
- He likes to unravel the great mysteries of life, like learning what it means to be a big brother.
- He is a loyal friend, as he’s always there for Phil, Lil, Kimi, Susie, and especially Chuckie.
- His friendship with Phil, Lil and Chuckie was emotionally tested in The Rugrats Movie, as the struggle of Dil was getting to them. Eventually, the babies made up and reunite with Tommy, and help him and Dil get out of the forest to the "lizard’s house".
- He loves his family very much, his grandparents, his parents, even his cousin Angelica, etc.
- He especially loves his baby brother, Dil, and that emotional scene in The Rugrats Movie where they greatly bond and Tommy apologizes to him. Since then, Tommy has shown the great mysteries of life to him, and teaching his brother the great aspects of life, and always there to protect him during their adventures.
- He is very playful and loves going on adventures, such as exploring the forest, as well as Paris during the first 2 movies.
- He comes up with the most ideas to get himself and the other babies out of trouble, like how he saw the Reptar robot during Rugrats in Paris, and so came up with the ideas to get him and the rest of his friends, his brother and his cousin out of there and march to stop the wedding.
- Once Tommy lost his bravery in "The Bravliest Baby", however he was able to come back from it and help his friends and lead them once more.
- He can be short-tempered, such as when he finally snaps after Dil put him through so much pressure during The Rugrats Movie.
- He is stubborn at times, like during The Rugrats Movie, when he and Dil were first pulling on a bear at home, and then a blanket in the forest.
- If under the influence of Angelica, he can be a bit smug, like when Angelica tricked him, and the rest of the babies, into thinking she had a twin sister, and when she had him, along with the rest of the babies, eat ice cream, so she could hide the fact that she was sick.
- He of course can be naive at times because he is still a baby, like not understanding about going back to school, or when Angelica needed to stay quiet, but he couldn’t understand her.
- He is sadly unlikable sometimes, for example, during "Grandpa’s Bad Bug", he was at his worse, as he, along with Chuckie, Phil, and Lil, was doing something badly to Grandpa Lou.
- While Elizabeth Daily did do a great job voicing him, his voice can sound very raspy, annoying and earbleeding at times, especially when he is crying, screaming or wailing.
- Tommy is based on Arlene Klasky's son.
- Cartoon characters
- Nickelodeon characters
- Cute characters
- Intelligent characters
- 2000s characters
- 1990s characters
- Optimistic characters
- Hollywood Walk of Fame characters
- TV characters
- Decent characters
- Klasky Csupo characters
- Movie characters
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade characters
- Internet memes