Tohru (トール Tōru) is the titular secondary protagonist of anime and manga series Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. She is a female dragon with the ability to transform into a human girl and the daughter of the Emperor of Demise. After Kobayashi rescues her, she falls in love with her and decides to work for her as a maid.
Why She Rocks
- She has an adorable design, especially in her human form.
- As a Chaos Dragon, Tohru was raised to hate humans and is supposed to be a fierce and dangerous dragon with nothing other than destruction in mind, but this all changed when she met Kobayashi.
- She is now cheerful and kind to every human she meets.
- She does her best to serve Kobayashi as her maid everyday and hopes that someday she'll share the same feelings she has for her.
- She and Kanna get along pretty well since they have known each other for a long time. Tohru even teaches Kanna about the human world and Tohru is something like an (adopted) older sister to Kanna.
- Her numerous powers and abilities, appearing to be capable of opening portals to other worlds and breathing large amounts of fire, even in her human form and even using perception blocking that renders herself or others invisible.
- Tohru is a total badass:
- She can withstand many of Ilulu's deadly attacks.
- A truly memorable scene where a woman gets her purse snatched, she asks for permission to go after the thief, and she pursues the thief by smashing him into the concrete.
- Saving both Kobayashi and Ilulu from her bounty hunter, and bringing him into fear.
- She has many cool fight scenes that resembles Dragon Ball, mostly shown with Kanna, Ilulu and Elma.
- Her voice actress both do a very good job playng Touru, Yūki Kuwahara in the Japanese dub, and Sarah Wiedenheft in the English dub.
- Tohru is warm, loving and responsible. Although she retains much of her dragon-like powers and strength, she is more than happy with her life on Earth, and loves Kobayashi so much that she would rather stay and inevitably outlive her rather than return to her homeworld.
- She is quickly influenced by what she sees on the television or internet.
- Though she is exceptionally nice and all around cheerful, she isn't for those who are a rival love interest to Kobayashi.
- She often claims that she is one of the more powerful dragons capable of bringing about the Armageddon, which is either true. (It's true that her powers are undefined, but the fight against Ilulu did show she can destroy the city)
- The running gag involving Touru attempting to feed Kobayashi piece of her tails become one of most memorable moment in both manga and anime.
- Anime characters
- TV characters
- Comic Book characters
- Intelligent characters
- Optimistic characters
- 2010s characters
- Characters with air powers
- Characters with fire powers
- Japanese characters
- Internet memes
- Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Characters
- Magical Girls