Team Chaotix (チームカオティクス Chīmu Kaotikusu), also known as the Chaotix Crew, or just Chaotix (カオティクス Kaotikusu), are a group that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. They are a trio of detectives-for-hire consisting of Vector the Crocodile, Espio the Chameleon and Charmy Bee who run the Chaotix Detective Agency.
Why They're Detectives You Want On Your Side
- Their theme song, performed by Gunnar Nelson, is pretty catchy and describes them well.
- They were the ones who discovered about Dr. Eggman being locked up through the majority of Sonic Heroes.
- Despite being a goofy bunch and not as involved in conflicts as often as Sonic the Hedgehog and his other allies are, they are nonetheless competent and always ready to lend a hand in the face of danger.
- Their quests to pay their rent are quite funny and maybe even relatable.
- Their voice actors mostly did well job voicing their respective characters.
- He wears a really neat attire, especially his golden chains and headphones.
- He is the intelligence and the strength of the team.
- He's a very good detective and a responsible leader.
- He's very kind and will often do cases for free to help people in need.
- He cares about his co-workers and is always loyal to them.
- Despite having a small fixation for money, he doesn't involve himself in dirty or illegal business.
- Marc Biagi (Sonic Heroes), James Carter Cathcart, Dan Green, and Keith Silverstein did good jobs voicing him.
- Like Knuckles, he is super strong and capable of destroying metal doors or lift rocks.
- When he's not with Espio, Charmy or both, he works quite well with other characters, like Silver and Blaze.
- His crush on Cream's mom, Vanilla.
- His love for music and dancing.
- "FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM!"
- His Mission "Turn up The Beat" In "Sonic Generations" Is a Fun and Creative Mission.
- In one of Shadow the Hedgehog's many endings, he tries to cheer Shadow up while he's feeling guilty of all the chaos that takes place in that game.
- His ability to camouflage himself is clever, since he is a chameleon.
- He is a skilled, disciplined and cautious ninja.
- Like Sonic, he values freedom above all else.
- His seriousness balances out his friends' wackiness.
- Whenever his team is given a case, he masterfully uses his ninjutsu abilities.
- His friendly relationship with Shadow, Silver and Tails.
- He's also decent at hacking, although he states that's not his specialty.
- Bill Corkery (Sonic Heroes), David Wills, Troy Baker, and Matthew Mercer did amazing jobs voicing him.
- Not unlike many kids his age, he's very cheerful, playful and friendly.
- His headgear for flight suits him good, as he's always flying.
- Like with Espio, his prowess with his stinger and ability to warp through flowers are nice touches.
- Similar to Cream, he's pretty strong for a child, being capable of flying his co-workers around with little to no trouble.
- His tracking abilities allow him to find hidden objects, making him antoher asset to the team.
- He seems to be a big fan of his boss, as well as Sonic and Shadow.
- In Shadow the Hedgehog, he was actually able to make the computer with Gerald Robotnik's video to Shadow work in his own scatterbrained way.
- Emily Corkery (Sonic Heroes), Amy Birnbaum, and Colleen O'Shaughnessey did great jobs voicing him.
- Their Team Blast, Chaotix Recital, is really loud and barely audible at all.
- Like Silver and Blaze, they are heavily underused.
- For some reason, Mighty is no longer a member, as seen in the modern games.
- He can be a little too greedy and short-tempered at times.
- He was slightly flanderized in Sonic Free Riders, though he does start to improve a little bit in his later appearances
- Like Amy and Rouge, he was pretty unlikable in Sonic X sometimes.
- He was a hothead in his debut.
- He can be stubborn and self-obssessed at times.
- His stealth can let him down if he unfocuses or sneezes.
- Being a 6-year-old, he's the least skilled and mature detective in the team.
- Unlike Espio, he is really unattentive.
- He and Vector will often argue with each other.
- His voice in Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic X can get annoying occasionally.
- He sometimes gets on his friends' (and some fans) nerves.
- Aside from Knuckles and the Babylon Rogues, they are the only oviparous characters in the franchise.
- Vector was originally planned to be a part of the scrapped Sonic the Hedgehog band.
- Despite debuting in Knuckles Chaotix, many fans consider their first appearance to be in Heroes, because the former instalment was really unpopular and because it is considered non-canon by Sonic Team.
- Espio is the only playable Chaotix member in Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Rivals 2.
- Vector is the only playable Chaotix member in Sonic Free Riders and Team Sonic Racing.
- Despite not being a hedgehog, Charmy is able to use the Spin Attack and the various techniques derived from it.
- Espio and Charmy are the only characters in Sonic history who were re-aged to being younger.