Terry Bogard (テリー・ボガード, Terī Bogādo) is the deuteragonist of the King of Fighters series, and the main protagonist of the Fatal Fury series. He has appeared in every Fatal Fury and King of Fighters game, and is one of the characters of choice to symbolize the company in crossover games, merchandise and publicity. He appears to fit many Japanese stereotypes for an American character in appearance, personality and speech (his in-game vocabulary is usually limited to American colloquialisms, such as "Okay!" and "Hey, c'mon, c'mon.").
Terry Bogard is the brother of Andy Bogard. Both of them were orphans adopted by Jeff Bogard. He is often referred to as the Legendary Hungry Wolf (from Garou Densetsu, meaning "Legend of the Hungry Wolf"). He has a pet monkey named Ukee (the previous mascot of SNK before Terry). He has a knack for scoring in basketball, which explains the creation of his Power Dunk move.
Why He Rocks
- He Is one of the most iconic characters in fighting-game history.
- His designs are great.
- He is an incredibly charismatic, cheerful and friendly man who is friendly with everyone around him.
- He has great relationships with Andy Bogard (his younger brother), Joe Higashi, Blue Mary (his love interest), and Mai Shiranui.
- His fighting styles are amazing. He uses a mixture of boxing, karate, kung fu, kickboxing and street fighting moves to create a very unique fighting style. Keep in mind that he has good knowledge of many martial arts techniques.
- His themes are great. Especially his associated Kurikinton theme which is an iconic song.
- Before the events of the first Fatal Fury game, he and Andy agreed to spend a decade to spend a decade to fine tune their martial arts before trying to avenge their father Jeff Bogard.
- He took care of a boy named Rock Howard who happens to be the son of the antagonist, Geese Howard. Instead of Terry beating the crap out of Rock, he decided to raise him and taught Rock how to fight. This also would lead to Terry letting Rock to choose his own path.
- Terry is also well-informed of what goes on in the streets. He also has a skill where he can sense the presence of people nearby.
- Even if he's a female in SNK Heroines, Terry still manages to be just as likeable as his original male self.
- His quotes have spawned some memes. Mainly towards the SNK fanbase. We mean things like his "ARE YOU OKAY?" line.
- Even he would admit that he does want to fight with a team depending on the situation like with Andy and Joe as prominent examples.
- Can be a bit arrogant and cocky. But not to the point where he's flanderized.
- If he loses, he does fall into a depression as noticed in the OVA Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle.
- It caused controversy is an ad SNK All Star spot because Terry Bogard hits the 3 butts to Mai, Blue Mary, and Kula, which is very offensive, Fortunately SNK apologized and deleted it.
- In Gamest's 1997 Heroes Collection, Terry was voted as the staff's eighth favorite character. In Neo Geo Freak's 1997 Volume 8 character poll, he was voted as the fifteenth favourite character with a total of 690 votes.
- In a 2005 poll made by SNK Playmore USA, he was voted as the number one fan favorite character with a total of 10014 votes. He was voted as the second most favorite character at the time of Garou: Mark of the Wolves with one commenter saying that "Terry's the eternal hero".
- In the character popularity poll on Neo Geo Freak's website, he was voted as the fourth favorite character with a total of 2,479 votes.
- Video game characters
- Fighting Game characters
- Martial artists
- Anime characters
- Crossover characters
- Fan favorites
- Friendly characters
- The King of Fighters characters
- Fatal Fury characters
- American characters
- 1990s characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- Japanese characters
- Attractive characters
- Super Smash Bros. characters
- Controversial characters