Miles "Tails" Prower (マイルス「テイルズ」プロワー Mairusu `teiruzu' purowā), is a fictional character from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. He is an anthropomorphic fox cub born exclusively with two twin-tails, hence his nickname. Because of his abnormality, Tails was the subject of bullying during his youth. One day, however, he met Sonic the Hedgehog and was inspired to become as cool as him after seeing him run like the wind. Tails soon after began following Sonic on his adventures and has since become his best friend and sidekick. He is able to use his twin-tails to fly by rotating them like helicopter rotors and is a mechanic genius and aerial pilot.
A gentle and sweet-natured soul, Tails was initially timid and lacked courage. After meeting Sonic, however, Tails has become more confident, eventually growing into a more outgoing, brave and independent individual, and a hero in his own right. Since encountering Sonic, Tails has looked up to him and stood by his side, helping him however he can during their adventures.
Why He's Super Fly
- Tails is a gentle-hearted, sweet-natured and loyal fox with a positive attitude.
- He has endless compassion and admiration for his friends.
- He never grabs the spotlight for himself but is instead always ready and willing help others without asking for anything in return.
- He is a super friendly kid who has endless compassion and admiration for his friends.
- He's incredibly intelligent and creative, being able to invent pretty much anything with everything.
- He has built all sorts of weapons and vehicles that greatly make up some of his weak points, especially in combat.
- He is always willing to accompany Sonic and his other friends on adventures.
- He can use his twin tails to travel at speeds fast enough to catch up with and even impress Sonic (The Fastest Thing Alive!).
- In Sonic 2 and 3&K, he can score some extra hits if you had a second controller of if you use him properly.
- Corey and Connor Bringas, Amy Palant, Kate Higgins and Colleen Villard are all great at voicing him.
- His heart-warming moment when he rescues Sonic after the Hedgehog destroys the Death Egg even when he didn't collect all the emeralds.
- A turning point for Tails came in Sonic Adventure; when Station Square was in danger of being destroyed, Tails was the only one who could stop this. With Sonic nowhere to be found, Tails realized that he could not depend on Sonic forever and had to try on his own.
- After saving Station Square, Tails realized he could be independent and support himself without Sonic, and all he needed was determination and faith.
- Along with Cream, he is one of the cutest characters in the franchise thanks to his adorable character design and his helpful, good-hearted demeanor.
- In more recent Sonic titles, he has become more wimpy, cowardly, and basically useless in the heat of battle, other than pointless exposition and battle tactics with Sonic Lost World and Sonic Forces being the worst offenders.
- Like all fictional super-geniuses, Tails has a tendency to talk techno-babble, much to the irritation of his friends, such as when he tried to explain how an Extreme Gear worked, meaning that Tails does not always use tact in a situational matter.
- Despite his intelligence and general fearlessness, Tails can be incredibly naïve and big-mouthed, like in Sonic Adventure 2 when he accidentally told Eggman that the Chaos Emerald that Sonic had was a fake, completely ruining the heroes' plans.
- His voice is very annoying in the 1996 OVA and Sonic Heroes.
- While on topic, his voice in Sonic X is also kind of unfitting (although still better than the aforementioned ones).
- While he is on the same levels of likeability as AoStH's Sonic as a naive yet fairly intelligent kid, he became a huge Butt-Monkey in AoStH who'd get kidnapped very often and Sonic will generally save him from danger even though he has had his fair share of likable and annoying moments outside of this.
- Tails is deathly afraid of lightning, best shown in the Sonic the Hedgehog OVA and even the non-canon spin-off series, Sonic Boom.
- He can use his twin tails as propellers to hover in the air, resembling a makeshift helicopter.
- As shown on several occasions, Tails tends to make use of various mechanical devices to improve his battle prowess, such as his Magic Hand, Energy Cannon, and the Big Hand.
- He also occasionally carries around a wide arsenal of bombs, from basic explosives to remote-controlled mines to Flash Bang grenades.
- He was originally gonna be a female character during the creation of Sonic the Hedgehog 2, but this idea was scrapped pretty quickly. Evidence of this is better shown from the original design documents for Sonic 2, plus the addition of the song Sweet Dream, from the Japanese group “Dreams Come True”, which one of the members wrote the music for Sonic 1 and 2.
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Video game characters
- Sonic the Hedgehog characters
- Characters by portrayal
- Anime characters
- Cute characters
- Friendly characters
- Intelligent characters
- 1990s characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- Crossover characters
- SEGA characters
- Characters who went downhill
- Super Smash Bros. characters