|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Incredible Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
Sterling Malory Archer (codenamed Duchess after his mother's dog) is the fictional titular character on the American adult animated sitcom Archer, which aired on the basic cable network FX from 2009 to 2019 and is currently broadcast on sister network FXX. Conceived by Adam Reed as the comedy's main protagonist, Sterling is voiced by H. Jon Benjamin. Reed was expected to play the role in the show's original pilot, but was recast because producers felt his voice-over was not suitable for the character's dialogue. Sterling debuted in the first episode of Archer, "Mole Hunt", on September 17, 2009.
Why He Rocks
- He is voiced brilliantly by H. Jon Benjamin who has received numerous accolades for his performance.
- He is animated perfectly and looks bad-ass and awesome.
- His action scenes are always satisfying and absolutely fun to watch.
- His jerk-ass attitude is done the right way and is what makes Archer who he is.
- He is intelligent when he attacks.
- His drunk attitude is always funny, like most Adult Animated Characters, when he is drunk, he makes the show even better.
- Despite his rude arrogance, deep down, he cares about his friends, especially Lana.
- He is very skilled of an agent much like Stan Smith and has shown himself to not be a coward.
- He has received excellent character development from being a Heartless Agent who Kills into a Guy who kind-off has emotion.
- Has a soft spot for animals. Refused to let an elephant die, is shocked when a tiger gets shot, his excitement with Cheryl/Carol's pet ocelot, Babou. Recently, in season 12, we see his love for animals as he wants to protect it from being killed.
The Only Bad Quality
- He can be very unlikeable and heartless in earlier seasons.