"Don't let your kids watch this!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
Steppenwolf is the main antagonist of the 2021 film Zack Snyder's Justice League, the improved directors cut of the 2017 film Justice League. He was played by Ciaran Hinds as in his 2017 version.
Why He Rocks
- His head without his helmet is oddly detailed and mythical as his head looks like a sphinx cat.
- Steppenwolf has his original design restored and is much more memorable than his 2017 counterpart. His design was spiky and resembled something from H.R. Giger's concept arts.
- He has a more threatening and deep voice.
- He no longer has a connection with the Amazonians, the Atlanteans, the Green Lanterns, and others many years ago and just only wants to challenge those who opposed him.
- He gathered the Mother Boxes so he can help Darkseid, his nephew to take over Earth and find the Anti-Life equation.
- His death is much more satisfying instead of the Parademons returning him to a portal for having his axe destroyed, he is now stabbed and being chopped to the head.
- Ciaran Hinds did a great job voicing Steppenwolf.
- Even in just one scene, you can see how expressive his armor really is. It really shows that Zack Snyder himself really cared about giving humanity to Steppenwolf.
- Ciaran Hinds was beyond happy that his original version of Steppenwolf was restored for Zack Snyder's cut of the film.
- Before he was redesigned, his 2017 design was almost in the final film of Snyder's cut with pictures like Steppenwolf being stabbed by Aquaman while keeping his hands clenched instead of opening his hands for example and Steppenwolf holding the motherbox while leaving Star Labs.