Spike the Dragon, or simply Spike, is one of the seven main characters, and the main deuteragonist of the series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. He is Twilight Sparkle's long-time best friend and faithful assistant. He is known for his crush on Rarity and his appetite for gems. He is voiced by Cathy Weseluck.
Why He Deserves Friends and Gems
- He is a good friend to all creatures.
- He is very devoted to Twilight Sparkle and sees her as like a big sister to him.
- His love for Rarity is very sweet.
- He is very relatable in a lot of ways.
- He has amazing abilities such as sending messages through his fire breath, swimming in lava, and writing long lists, and breathing fire big enough to melt an iceberg as shown in the episode "Equestria Games".
- He’s one of the funniest characters on the show, next to Pinkie Pie and Discord.
- He is known for his part in saving The Crystal Empire, which earned the title "Spike the Brave and Glorious".
- He stands out as the one main character who is neither female nor a pony.
The Only Bad Quality
- Sometimes he suffers more than he deserves, making him a come across as a punching bag, but at least not any more than some of the other main characters do.
- Spike is voiced by Cathy Weseluck, who has also done the voice of Near from the English dub of Death Note, Rarity from generation 3 of My Little Pony, and Buttercream Sundae from Littlest Pet Shop.
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic characters
- TV characters
- Hasbro characters
- 2010s characters
- In love
- Beware the nice ones
- Characters with fire powers
- Characters with Insecurity
- Intelligent characters
- Musical characters
- Cartoon characters
- Friendly characters
- Optimistic characters
- Movie characters
- Canadian characters
- American characters
- Cute characters
- Funny characters