Peter Benjamin Parker, also known as Spider-Man is the main protagonists of Marvel Comics, as well as the flagship character.
Why He Is Your Friendly Neighborhood Guy
- He's one of the most iconic characters and superheroes in all of Marvel Comics and comic books in general. He is also one of the most iconic and recognizable fictional characters of all time.
- The same way the X-Men had to deal with becoming outcasts due to being seen freakish mutants and the Fantastic Four had to deal with dysfunctional relationships between each other, Peter has real life problems to deal with that makes him easy to relate to such having to deal with such as having to balance his superhero life with his normal life.
- His character broke new ground back in the 60s and proved to the world that teenage heroes didn't have to be sidekicks to adult superheroes (ex: Bucky Barnes from Captain America or Robin from Batman), as Peter has managed to learn on his own about how he had to use his newfound powers for non-selfish uses.
- The concept of having a hero with the power to sense danger before it happens and quickly react to said danger is a pretty smart concept.
- As previously stated, he's completely sensitive, caring and responsible in his crime-fighting and looks out for anyone in need of certain aid, mainly because he didn't want those people the suffer the same tragedy he had suffered.
- He's very smart and intelligent as shown when managed to create a set of web shooters that would go along with his other spider-like powers.
- His creator, Stan Lee, said that he is his favorite superhero, because he is the most loved.
- He is very iconic, having 9 movies (10 with Across the Spider-Verse upcoming), tons of action figures and toys, a bunch of video games, 11 cartoon shows, a Christmas album, a great theme song, and a so-so popsicle
- WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY.
- All three movie incarnations of him are great in their own way.
- He can be a butt-monkey at times, especially when the public blames him for something that was never his fault or that he has no control of.
- He has been flanderized two times during the events of The Clone Saga and One More Day.
- He has spawned a few games that didn't do so well with the audiences and critics.
- Both of his incarnations in Spider-Man 3 and the cancelled James Cameron film are both awful as they are almost nothing like the original.
- While he was likable in the comics, his character was derailed in One More Day
- Comic Book characters
- Young adults
- Marvel characters
- 1960s characters
- 1970s characters
- 1980s characters
- 1990s characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- 2020s characters
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade characters
- Live-action characters
- Video game characters
- Likable characters
- Intelligent characters
- Characters with good edge
- Relatable characters
- Important characters
- Movie characters
- Characters that have traveled through time
- Role models
- Quirky characters
- TV characters
- Popular characters
- Fan favorites
- Hilarious characters
- Badass characters
- Beware the nice ones