Sora is the main protagonist in the Kingdom Hearts series, as well as a Keyblade wielder. He is an upbeat teenager who may seem simple-minded at times, but is very aware of the importance of his quest. He possesses a strong sense of justice and an unrelenting heart. At times, he is impulsive and quick to anger when defending his friends, but he is always sincere about what he says and does. He has been best friends with Riku and Kairi since their early childhood.
Sora is four during Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, fourteen years old at the beginning of Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and fifteen during the events of Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. He lives on Destiny Islands with his best friends Kairi and Riku, and all three of them dream to venture from Destiny Islands to find out what lies beyond. Sora is also the original persona of his own Heartless, has a Nobody named Roxas, the source of Xion's memories, and the carrier of Ventus' heart. Sora's name is derived from the Japanese word for "sky."
Why He's Sora
- He is a very friendly and likable protagonist who has been friendly and compassionate to almost everyone in the whole series.
- Due to his likable and caring personally, he has saved many lives of many worlds.
- He is a very strong and well experienced warrior that can perform many incredible abilities to battle his enemies.
- He has managed to foil the plans of the series's main antagonist, Master Xehanort. Who is an incredibly clever old man that can almost possess any kind of foresight.
- He has said some very inspiring things in his dialogue.
- He is always willing to sacrifice himself to save anyone that he cares about.
- He let a wandering heart of a young keyblade wielder named Ventus into his own heart after his heart left his body when he defeated Vanitas and destroyed the X-Blade. Which shows even more how compassionate and trusting Sora is.
- He has fought and defeated tons of Final Fantasy characters. Especially Sephiroth himself.
- Has tons of badass moments. Like slicing a bunch of buildings into a pile of pieces.
- He is a very forgiving person. Especially when a girl named Namine was forced into tinkering with Sora's memories and Sora forgave her.
- He is one of the Seven Guardians of Light that is destined to battle the Thirteen Seekers of Darkness known as the True Organization XIII in Kingdom Hearts 3.
- He dances with Donald and Goofy after getting reunited with them.
- His voice acting by Haley Joel Osment is amazing and spot-on, most of time.
- He made it into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a playable fighter, much like Steve from Minecraft, was a surprising addition to the game and he was a great way to end the Fighter's Pass DLC for the game.
- It also makes him the first ever Disney character to make it into Super Smash Bros.
- However, outside of the keychain on Sora's Keyblade, most of the pre-existing Disney material is not referenced or mentioned.
- To add more cherries on top, it's his 1st appearance outside Kingdom Hearts.
- While still a good character and a teenager overall, he has been flanderized into being a hyperactive idiot-hero as time passed as his childlike kindness waxed while his temper and desire for justice waned, where his status as a softhearted hero has gotten more and more literal. Even if Sora can have occasional flashes of intelligence, the rest is pretty accurate, especially the All-Loving counterpart, this was best exemplified in III.
- Even though Sora is owned by Disney, he doesn't appear outside of the Kingdom Hearts games. Thankfully he has appeared later in Smash Ultimate which marks his 1st appearance outside Kingdom Hearts.