Slime Boy is a major protagonist in the animated series, High Guardian Spice. He is the manager of a small store and the classmate of the titular group (Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, and Parsley).
Although the show was largely criticized, Slime Boy was a notable exception, having been extremely popular with fans upon release.
Why He Rocks
- His character traits, being a calm and carefree teenager with a bit of a nervous and shy part of him, are very enjoyable.
- Unlike many other characters, Slime Boy doesn't act brash or entitled at any point in the series.
- He is a polite and friendly individual who treats all of his classmates and customers with respect.
- He handles criticism quite well and doesn't let things like name calling get to him.
- His design is simple, yet unique.
- His dialogue feels much more normal compared to the other characters and it helps him deliver very entertaining and comedic quotes.
- "What ya need,… Bumbleseed?"
- "This is like a dream I had about hygiene"
- "It's okay, dude. Broken instruments make great new sound!"
- "I'm not good with names, or faces, but your aura's always really rad and dark, like old blood."
- "They're just sleeping. Maybe this is part of finals."
- He has a pretty good musical talent and his singing is amazing.
- Despite the poor audio quality, Julian Koster does a decent job at voicing him.
- He knows when a bad plan is a bad plan and tries to help his friends when they are in trouble because of it.
- He makes a good point about Rosemary running away from her problem, which basically just leads to another problem.
- As stated before, the audio quality that Julian uses isn't good and makes it sound like Slime Boy is mumbling most of the time.
- Although unique, his design is still very simple and feels similar to an OC on Tumblr or DeviantArt.