"Don't let your kids watch this!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
"Hee-Hee-Hee. Is this better for you big brother?"— Schwi imitating human emotion.
Üc207Pr4f57t9, nicknamed Schwi Dola (Japanese シュヴィ, Syuvi Doura) is the main female protagonist in the 2017 film No Game No Life: Zero. Schwi was the first Ex Machina to be introduced in Tet's story. In the story she seeks to understand the human heart and was found by Riku. She looks like a young human but with several differences, being two tails coming out from her back and other machine like features protruding from around her body. She bears many similarities with Shiro.
Why She Rocks
- Before she made proper contact with humans, Schwi's behavior was similar to that of a stereotypical artificial intelligence, she could absorb and process data and intelligence in a flash and act in the appropriate manner, a unique characteristic of her race. But there might be times where she seemed to have difficulty in comprehending emotions and desires, otherwise characterized by her as the heart. As time spent with Riku, her expressions and feelings became more vivid and Schwi seemed to have started to develop them in her own heart and regret of destroying Riku's home.
- Her design is cute and unique. It goes between the range of an anime girl with gritty, realistic cybernetics.
- Her kiss with Riku. While unexpected, it was a nice way for them to meet.
- Although she took on the appearance of a young Imanity girl, Schwi can do a lot of things a human wouldn't do:
- She is incredibly strong to the point of nonchalantly cutting a boulder apart, ripping out a few iron plates, and lift a large metal door ten times her height over her head (to Riku's horror) and destroyed an Elven library.
- She is also incredibly fast as seen when she was able to travel with Riku on her back from the colony to the destroyed Elf city in half a day when traveling by horseback would have taken five days (But according to Schwi, without the use of magic, in which case it would have taken several days.).
- All her voice actors did phenomenal jobs portraying her and fit her robotic to reserved, and softspoken personality, especially her Japanese and English voice actresses, Ai Kayano and Caitlyn French, repsectively.
- Much like the interactions between Scarlet Witch and Vision from Marvel Comics/Marvel Cinematic Universe, her relationship with Riku is very heartwarming, a loving tale of growth, learning, and comical mishaps, despite her being a machine and Riku, a full-blooded human. They even made vows and got married!
- After setting her personality to mimic that of a "shy Imanity survivor", and spending a year around Riku's colony, she was unable to reset her personality back to the default monotonous mannerisms of the Ex-machina, stating that she was permanently "stuck" in that mode.
- ERROR. ERROR. ERROR.
- Her voice actress Ai Kayano, who voiced Shiro also in the same series, No Game No Life, also voiced Mashiro Shiina from The Pet Girl of Sakura Hall, Darkness from Konosuba, and Alice Zuberg from Sword Art Online: Alicization.
- When Riku asks for the Ex-Machina's name, she replies 'Üc207Pr4f57t9', to which Riku immediately responds by asking her for a more human name. Her first choice is Schwarzer (シュヴァルツァー, Schwarzer) meaning 'Black One' in German, which interestingly contrasts with Shiro's name meaning white in Japanese. Eventually, they both settle with the name 'Schwi'.
- Schwi has a strong resemblance to Shiro in the fact of appearance and both essentially having ungodly calculations albeit being different species. The reason for this strong resemblance is for readers to be able to get into the story better.
- Schwi bears many similarities with Touka Kirishima from the Tokyo Ghoul series:
- The two happen to be complex characters, sometimes wanting learn what it's like to be human, and warms ups to the protagonist. The main differences is Schwi is a kuudere (meaning cold and emotionless), and Touka on the other hand is a tsundere (meaning hotheaded or harsh).
- Both are non-human, with Touka being a ghoul and Schwi being a robot.
- Both have purple hair, wings and sometimes, red eyes.
- Both have lovers with white hair (Touka having Kaneki, and Schwi having Riku.
- With Kaneki and Riku, both have white hair (Riku's hair is natural, while Kaneki had his from being tortured by Jason), split personalities, and (formerly) lifeless, emotionless eyes.
- Both had suffered too much, gone mentally insane, and lost people they cared about.
- According to Yuu Kamiya, Schwi's proper romanization is "Syuvi", not "Shuvi".