Scarlet Witch (AKA Wanda Maximoff) is a minor character in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, an antagonist turned ally in Avengers: Age of Ultron, supporting character in Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War/Endgame, the main protagonist villain of WandaVision, and the main antagonist of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
She is a former member of the Avengers, and she is Quicksilver's twin sister, both of whom are children of Magneto. She is portrayed by Elizabeth Olsen.
Why She Didn't Took Everything
- Her romance with Vision is very heartwarming; she also envisions him as a human despite being an android.
- Living up to her name, Scarlet Witch has the ability to alter reality with magical powers.
- Wanda made a great entrance during the battle of Wakanda, where she flew out to the battlefield, and saved Black Widow and Okoye by stopping the incoming Threshers and threw them on top of the Outriders.
- Wanda made an excellent choice by sacrificing Vision before Thanos was able to get ahold of it.
- Though Thanos would've not reversed time if it wasn't for Star-Lord's screw-up.
- Elizabeth Olsen portrays her very beautifully.
- Ever since Avengers: Infinity War, she became one of the strongest members of the Avengers, if not, one of the strongest characters in the MCU. Avengers: Endgame further made her one of the strongest members of the Avengers when she faced off against Thanos to the point where she actually overpowers him and would have killed him, if he didn't give the "rain fire" order.
- She gets her own show, WandaVision, alongside Vision, where it adds more character development for Scarlet Witch and Vision, which is actually why this show was made, given that they didn't have much to do in the films in comparison to other Avengers.
- The grief that led her to enslave the people of Westview to force them to play along with her fantasy made sense as she lost her parents as a child, Sokovia was destroyed twice first by a Stark Industries missile used by terrorists then years later by Ultron, her brother Pietro was killed by one of Ultron's drones and she lost the love of her life Vision after Thanos killed him to get the Mind Stone. Despite all this, she acknowledged that her actions were wrong.
The Only Bad Quality
- She was badly flanderized in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness where all her character development from WandaVision has been derailed, where it made her from being a caring, benevolent, kind-hearted, and selfless superheroine to a egotistical, sadistic, self-righteous, uncaring and ferocious villain, who was willingly to kill off opponents and even innocent people for her own goals.
1. Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson, the actors that play siblings Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, both were in the 2014 Godzilla remake. Taylor-Johnson played Ford Brody, while Olsen played his wife, Elle.