"Don't let your kids watch it!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
Reason: Disturbing themes.
Scarecrow is the main antagonist of the 2015 video game Batman: Arkham Knight and minor antagonist of the 2009 video game Batman: Arkham Asylum. He was voiced by Dino Andrade and John Noble.
Why He Spreads Fear
- He is the very first Batman villain to successfully expose Batman’s secret identity to the whole world. Luckily, he got sent to jail.
- Dino Andrade and John Noble did great jobs voicing him.
- Fitting for his motives, he planned his attack with the Arkham Knight and Deathstroke on Halloween.
- His gameplay sequences in Asylum are memorable, unique and frightening at the same time.
- His return was given subtle foreshadowing in City where he sends a code to Batman’s Cryptographic Sequencer.
- In Knight, he gives away speeches to the people of Gotham before he gets arrested and the Riddler takes over giving away speeches.
- Him being the main antagonist of Knight is one of the reasons why the game got an M rating. It doesn’t help in that game, his appearance was a result of him being mauled by Killer Croc.
- He wasn’t a boss battle in Knight and the PS4 exclusive Batmobile maps are the closest to actual boss battles of him.
- His voice is inconsistent in his two major appearances. However, it is justified that his throat was damaged by Killer Croc.
- He believes that life is meaningless without terror.