Scaramouche is a minor antagonist of Samurai Jack. He was voiced by Tom Kenny.
Why He Rocks, Baby!
- Scaramouche serves as a neat and comedic contrast to X-49. While the latter is a more tragic example of being reluctant to work for Aku, the earlier is more humorous and likes working for Aku.
- Tom Kenny did an amazing job voicing him and patterned his voice off of Sammy Davis Jr.
- Scaramouche is a comedic scene stealer in three episodes of the fifth and final season. It went to the point that he reappeared in the Battle Through Time video game as a boss battle.
- He's basically a sendup of the goofier opponents Jack had faced off against in the previous seasons. He serves as a lead-in for the Daughters of Aku that Jack would have to face later. Not that he's any less dangerous for it.
- He fights with a special dagger/knife that can transform into a tuning fork shape and emits an ultra high frequency oscillation that shatters objects on contact.
- He can use his magic flute to create a colossus and help him defeat Samurai Jack.
- He hilariously peppers his sentences with “baby” due to his flamboyant charm.
- “Whoa, what a freak. Looked like a talking peni$.”
- His head can latch on to something else if it is detached.
- Given the dark tone of the fifth season, he can be a bit jarring with the tone of Jack’s guilt.
- He was able to tell Aku that Samurai Jack lost his sword but upon seeing him again with his sword, Scaramouche was immediately destroyed, proving that he didn’t know.
- In his second appearance, his eyes are white instead of blue.
- He doesn’t know when to keep his mouth shut.
- A lot of his quotes became Internet memes.
- He is among the most popular enemies Jack has encountered.
- Scaramouche has the ability to control weapons and objects with a magical voice, a very similar ability is that of Guardians of the Galaxy Yondu Udonta, who controls his technological arrow with a whistle.