|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Incredible Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
Start of sentences written with lowercase letters, despite the note
sans is the brother of papyrus and a major character in undertale and a minor character in deltarune. he first appears in the forest after the protagonist exits the ruins. he serves as a supporting character in a neutral and true pacifist route and as the final boss and heroic antagonist in a genocide route.
why he's considered comic (sans)
- sans is a very cool and laid back character who doesn't worry about any actions being done, knowing that it will "all be reset one day."
- he is very observant, as throughout the game, he reads the protagonist's expressions and can tell when they've already done certain tasks.
- he has a scientific background, showing that he is possibly very intelligent.
- he has unique abilities, like the gaster blasters, that shoot large beams, and KARMA, which is more effective on the protagonist depending on how many sins they have committed.
- it is hilarious when he plays the trombone. it is considered a running gag whenever he does.
- he is so self aware that he know when the game's code suffers bugs and calls the player a "dirty hacker" if they achieve a somewhat impossible ending.
- he serves as an endearing and helpful protagonist in the neutral and true pacifist route and as an awesome and hard to beat antagonist in the genocide route.
- his protective, brotherly relationship with papyrus.
- his relationship with the protagonist is cute, mostly in the true pacifist route, as he enjoys pranking them and hanging out with them, unless they kill papyrus.
- his platonic but heartwarming relationship with toriel.
- his jokes are hilariously corny.
- his lines in the game are hilarious, such as "quick! behind that conveniently-shaped lamp!" And some of his other lines are very heartwarming, such as "you never gained LOVE, but you gained love."
- he performs at MTT Resort, which hints that he is a talented comedian.
- he has spawned several internet memes.
- his reason for being lazy can be considered as slightly nihilistic.
- he has complete disregard for his job and often takes naps at inappropriate times dispite being hilarious.
- he annoys his brother with his trombone playing, yet it's also funny.
- before frisk united them all, he cared for no one but papyrus.
- it's been theorized that sans's voice is actually a sample from patrick star's voice from the spongebob squarepants episode "something smells", in which patrick says "maybe it's the way you're dressed".
- 2010s characters
- Video game characters
- American characters
- Characters that are super lazy
- Intelligent characters
- Friendly characters
- Optimistic characters
- Characters that are often misjudged
- Characters with dark powers
- Beware the nice ones
- Internet memes