Princess Sally Alicia Acorn is one of the main protagonists in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. She is a mobian chipmunk, the daughter of King Nigel Acorn, and the leader of the Freedom Fighters. She is also the Heroine of the SatAM Television series.
Why She Should Be Everyone's Favorite Mobian Chipmunk
- Sally Acorn is a great leader for the Freedom Fighters as she can take any whole situation seriously, especially in her Satam counterpart as she shows to care about her people, enhancing her great leadership.
- She always takes care of her duties of being a princess and a Freedom Fighter responsibly and respectively at the same time.
- She was always quite a good role model for the female Sonic fans, a Freedom Fighter who never gives up, and a Freedom Fight who shows how she cares for the Freedom Fighters in her aforementioned leadership.
- Sally's relationship with Sonic builds her character in both the comics & Satam series. This was more evident in the Satam series since whenever Sonic was in trouble, she'd always be there for him like a determined partner, which is pretty similar to the relationship Sonic & Tails, but a more (especially one time in the episode "Sonic's Nightmare" when Sonic is haunted by a vivid nightmare he once had of Sally being robotized, and it interferes with his duties as a freedom fighter, showing how much Sonic really cared a lot about her presence)
- Speaking of which, in Sonic Satam, when she isn't with Sonic, his sidekick Tails usually needed Sally's help and she'd always help Tails to get rid of his fears like his nightmares before Tails went to sleep and also entertains him in many ways at the same time with her charisma, showing how genuinely good-spirited she is.
- She fought against countless villains of the Sonic Universe.
- With that said, her teamwork with the speedy Sonic fighting against Eggman (especially in her Satam counterpart) was always engaging & fun to see.
- All of her character designs are cool and appealing, especially in Sonic SatAM.
- In mid-early issues, she suffered a degree of character derailment and flanderization that made her cold, self-righteous, annoying, and nasty, mostly towards Sonic. Even her infamous "Slap" from issue #134, the scene where Sally slapped and called him "selfish" when he tells her about sacrifices that he need to save the world is something that some fans are trying hard to forgive.
- She never has made any appearances in any official Sonic games.
- A bit like Princess "Toadstool" Peach, her title of being called a Princess doesn't make much sense since her parents were never revealed to be alive or are still around, in such a way that shows she could actually be called a queen instead.
- Sometimes her appearances can be rather strange & weirdly portrayed (if not downright over-the-top like in BQ#1) like in Sonic's Christmas Blast for example, when she had a pink design (while looking similar to her Satam counterpart); she was never given any dialogue (other than pointing and glaring like she was written to be literally dumb for some reason) or any character in her appearance.
- The time she died in the comic Sonic #47 "Taking The Fall,". The story indeed showed Princess Sally falling to her death, which made it look like Sally was killed off from the Archie series. Another issue that seemed to disrespect her reputation was when she broke up with Sonic from the Archie series, many Sonic fans grew some hatred ever since (if for a not so significant reason) this was because a former head-writer, Karl Boller, wrote the "Archie Sonic The Hedgehog Issue 134" with a story about the breakup between Sonic and Sally and her reputation seemed to go downhill in the comics and Karl was berated for ending the relationship all simply because he didn't like it [and for no reason other than that], which could trigger many Sonally fans. In which fans also criticized how this comic made those years of the build-up for Sonic and Sally's relationship to be rendered pointless.