Saitama (サイタマ, Saitama) is the main protagonist of the series and the titular One-Punch Man and the most powerful being to exist in the series. Saitama faces a self-imposed existential crisis, as he is now too powerful to gain any thrill from battle.
Why He Can Destroy It's Foes with One Punch
- He may be ridiculously overpowered, such as killing enemies with just one punch, he gets bored, doesn't feel excitement.
- This is obviously intentional, hence his name, One-Punch Man.
- He just wants to have a satisfying fight without instantly killing his opponent.
- He's an interesting protagonist as he's so ridiculously overpowered that he can kill literally anything with a single punch and nothing can pose a threat to him, causing him to become bored and uninterested at life. Despite his bored cynical outlook, Saitama still manages to be a compelling relatable character in that his struggles come not from fighting huge monsters, but in his inability to obtain any appreciation for his incredible feats of power.
- Not only can he just defeat people with one punch but he can also dodge objects that are getting in his way.
- He's also known for giving up something he has, like when he loses his hair for superpowers.
- Some of his fighting scenes can also end up funny as well like when he fought Speed-o'-Sound Sonic.
- He also has interesting fights with his own teammates back when they're enemies (even if he's powerful) he can still be kind to people and willing to give them another chance.
- He never gives up fighting and is willing to keep fighting crimes for the world.
- His voice actors did an awesome job in voicing him especially Max Mittleman.
- He can be sensitive at times, especially when his baldness is brought up.
- His counterpart in the game sucks like when he got buffed for no reason.
- Saitama, especially his character design, spawned plenty of memes, one of the notable examples is the "Ok" meme.
- It was believed that Saitama was a grown-up version of Caillou, considering his constant comparison with him