(Redirected from SMG4 (character))
SuperMarioGlitcy4 (real name SuperMemeGuardian4, SMG4 for short, or “Glitchy” in Mario in Real Life!? and the rap battle in War of the Fat Italians 2017, real name Luke Lerdwichagul) is a main character of the SMG4 franchise. He is the titular co-protagonist of the SMG4 series, and a supporting character in it's 2020 film SMG4 Movie: Meggy's Destiny.
Why He's Not Glitchy At All
- Underneath his love for the internet and memes, SMG4 does indeed care about his friends and family.
- He is always a helpful person.
- He is often a great foil to Mario. While Mario is usually the comic-relief idiot, SMG4 works in-tandem with his personality as being the straight man to their misadventures.
- At the end of the Anime and YouTube arcs, SMG4 reveals that he is self-aware that his life has spiraled out of control, but nonetheless, he still cares about his friends more than he does himself.
- His voice actor, Luke Lerdwichagul, does a great job voicing him since 2019.
- Speaking of which, SMG4 is a very good representation of the real-life Luke Lerdwichagul. He reflects Luke's personality in the real world.
- His love for memes is always funny, charming, and memorable.
- His memorable videos always bring such laughs for people.
- He cares very much for his other friends. Such examples include when he tries to cheer up Fishy Boopkins in the Rapper Bob Arc (despite it not working out), and him being there for Meggy after she was grieving over Desti's loss. He always tries to show good intentions to others around him.
- Not to mention, he especially cared about the lives of his other friends in YouTube arc, when all of them were on the verge of being erased from existence.
- He's proven to be braver and more courageous than his friends, as seen in SMG4: The Intruder, where he played Persona 3's Specialist on his sax to cause a bee that was terrorizing everyone to follow him away from the castle.
- He and Mario worked well together for the majority of SMG4: Mario Battle Royale.
- He's pretty funny at times like in "If Mario was in Baldi's Basics".
- He tries to stand up and save the world from his evil clone, SMG3.
- His design is a recolor of Mario; which is nothing more than Mario with blue and white clothing. Although this could be excused since when he was initially made, most of the characters in the SMG4 universe were simply recolors of Mario. And he gets a redesign by Shigeru Miyamoto himself by his contract in the episode War of The Fat Italians 2022.
- He can do stuff that is just as stupid as Mario's level of thinking.
- He often puts his friends in danger and trouble just for the sake of making videos. Case in point: The Freddy's Spaghetteria series is the most prominent example.
- Often ends up falling victim to the act of trying too hard when trying to increase his popularity, particularly in videos like "SMG4 Runs Out Of Memes", "Mario Does Literally Anything For Views", and "SMG4... Are You Okay".
- He was pretty much the reason why SMG3 is the villain that he is now, although this wasn't really his fault since he wasn't aware of making things difficult for SMG3.
- He was somewhat flanderized over the years when he went from being the sarcastic straight-man with Mario's stupidity, to becoming a meme-loving addict as of 2017. The Cosmology Saga created new depths with his meme man persona, including further explorations of his true origins.
- He was very unlikeable and out of character in Mario Joins The Circus were he joins in with the other characters in a mean-spirited scene where he throws Mario out of the castle. He is also out of character in If Mario was the Last Man on Earth.
- His new design, while faithful to the original design, is pretty bad as he was already fine with his original design (most likely to avoid legal copyright troubles with Nintendo).
- However, his design got better starting from the latest SMG4 movie IT'S GOTTA BE PERFECT.
- His new design from WOTFI 2022 onward is heavily based on Luke Lerdwichagul. Even before this design became his official look in the show, most merchandise of SMG4 resembled Luke more than Mario to avoid copyright infringement.
- It was implied in several bloopers that SMG4 might actually be gay, or at least bisexual. This is most strongly evidenced by a major scene in Mushroom Wars: That Space Part 2, where he (playing Obi-Wan Kenobi) not only takes Mario (playing Luke Skywalker), Luigi (playing C3PO), and R2-D2 to a gay bar, but SMG4 is approached by a naked man saying that his "butt had gotten bigger since the last time he was there". However, in SM64: ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 6.64(100k special Qna Edition), he stated he was not gay.
- According to SMG4: Mario goes to DIDNEY WORL, SMG4's worst nightmare is Super Mario 64 Bloopers Short: The Cake Is a Lie!.
- SMG4 hates spaghetti, which is referenced in SMG4: Mario University. However, Luke Lerdwichagul likes spaghetti.
- The song that best described him the most is Justin Bieber's "Baby".
- SMG4 didn't like school, and dropped out of freshmen year. He admits this might reflect badly on him to some.
- SMG4 has a degree in memes, starting from SMG4: Mario University.
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Cartoon characters
- Internet memes
- SMG4 characters
- Fan works characters
- Popular characters
- Hilarious characters
- Intelligent characters
- Friendly characters
- Wrathful characters
- Quirky characters
- 2010s characters
- 2020s characters
- Titular characters
- Beware the nice ones