Roger is one of the main characters in the animated comedy series American Dad!. He is a very zany space alien whose appearance resembles that of the greys living with the Smith family. Roger is sarcastic, surly, amoral, flamboyant, self-centered, hedonistic, alcoholic, and dresses up in a variety of personas.
Why He Didn't Deserve to Be Turned in to the CIA Back Then
- Similar to other amazing and truly awesome comic reliefs, such as Rallo Tubbs from The Cleveland Show, Mushu from Mulan, Patrick Star from SpongeBob SquarePants, Dory from Finding Nemo, Mater from Cars, Donkey from Shrek, and Sid and Scrat from Ice Age, Roger is one of the most memorable comic reliefs in all of animation and TV in general as Roger has not only made a ton of internet memes, but he steals it on the show whenever he appears.
- He is among a fan favorite of the main cast, and the franchise altogether with many American Dad! fans call him perhaps the series best character in general thanks to the iconic personas that he uses.
- Even when the show was going downhill, he mostly remained likable, along with Steve, Hayley, Jeff, and other more characters (in season 12-13 that is).
- He is a great friend to Steve Smith and their chemistry is excellent, being both heartwarming and hilarious at the same time, especially with Wheels and the Legman.
- Speaking of personas, Roger has made tons of memorable personas throughout the entire series such as the Legman, Horse Renoir, Sidney Huffman, The Phantom of the Telethon, and most especially, perhaps his best one yet, RICKY SPANISH.
- While Roger is normally portrayed as a sadistic and murderous character, Roger deeply cares about Stan, Francine, Hayley, Klaus and especially his best friend Steve.
- Speaking of his murderous and sadistic rampage, it comes across as very hilarious, memorable, and unforgettable and truly shows Roger at some of his funniest.
- Seth MacFarlane does an amazing job voicing him, similar to Peter Griffin, Stan Smith, Stewie Griffin, and Brian Griffin.
- While having an average mind at best, Roger has shown some intelligence and seems to be somewhat smarter than Steve Smith.
- His design is awesome and creative for an alien.
- While Roger's murderous attitude is great, some may criticize it for being similar to when Stewie Griffin was once on a murderous rampage.
- He was badly flanderized in season 8-11 as he became a downright sadistic murderous irredeemable sociopath and would be an overused character. Thankfully he has become more tolerable ever since season 12.
- He is incredibly inappropriate and perverted.
- He steals and damages costumes without permission from others.
- Roger drinks alcohol all the time and buys way too much of it.