Robert "Robbie" Shapiro is one of the eight main characters on VictoriousBTVSW. He is a ventriloquist who almost always carries his best friend Rex with him. Robbie is shy, awkward, and a little weird, but he's also a good friend, loyal, honest, and smart. He is a student at Hollywood Arts High School who often gets into minor trouble.
He is portrayed by Matt Bennett.
Why He Rocks
- Despite being portrayed as a Jewish and Nerdy stereotype, he is one of the most likable characters on Victorious.
- His obsession with Cat (before and after she got flanderized), while creepy, has got us laughing.
- He also has some heartwarming moments with her, like when she got her a great Secret Santa present (a cotton candy machine, along with the man who operates it), when they sang together, and the sweet song he sings to her after she got heartbroken by another boy. They have also shared a few check and lip kisses in the show.
- He returned in the Sam & Cat episode, The Killer Tuna Jump along with Jade and Freddie. And just like Freddie, he’s still his likable self.
- He's a great singer.
- He is responsible for most of the memes in Victorious.
- "No! I'm not Andy Samberg!"
- He's a pretty talented ventriloquist. Because in season 1, when he has his puppet, Rex, talk, it actually seemed like he was talking by command. But starting in season 2, Robbie can be seen moving his mouth slightly for Rex to talk. But it can be unnoticeable.
- As mentioned above, his obsession with Cat can be creepy.
- Along with Freddie, he suffered a massive injury in "#TheKillerTunaJump", after falling into a pool filled with killer tuna and what's worse is no one even bothered to save Robbie (aside from Cat who tried to save him, but failed due to her stupidity).
- Robbie is the only main character who wears glasses all the time.
- Robbie seems to be unable to admit/realize Rex is a puppet for reasons that are yet to be known.
- Early scripts for the pilot name him "Lane". Eventually, the school guidance counselor gained the name.
- Robbie could be a fan of SpongeBob SquarePants (which is funny enough, another show from Nickelodeon), because in Tori Gets Stuck, he wears SpongeBob underwear.
- Nickelodeon characters
- Live-action characters
- Beware the nice ones
- Fan favorites
- Dan Schneider characters
- Musical characters
- Optimistic characters
- Friendly characters
- Neurotic characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- TV characters
- Intelligent characters
- In love
- Decent characters
- Victorious characters