Ringo Ando (安藤りんご Andō Ringo) is a main character of the Puyo Puyo series. She a lead character in Puyo Puyo 7 and Puyo Puyo Tetris who exists in yet another different universe to Arle and Amitie, and is taught how to play Puyo when her school is flooded with Puyo.
Why She Rocks
- She's one the most logical minded characters in the franchise she comes from. Ringo tries to think of solutions to problems and feel curious about learning and experimenting.
- Being an intellectual, she can have a cheery disposition otherwise, even occasionally singing blissfully.
- She have a running gag that consists of being in shock. Every time something particularly baffling or horrifying happens, Ringo will make that face. It's often been seen as hilarious.
- Most of the time in Puyo Puyo 7, She is a normal girl that comes across all this weirdness of the Puyo universe. In later games, she started to have time to get used to all the weirdness and show off some of her own quirks.
- Every time she loses, Ringo would rather regret doing some wrong things like what I say in the Puyo battles when I lose. I said "I need to study more..." So basically, this can meaningful and relatable to those who are working on schoolwork.
- She's got an adorable design and face. What else is there to say since Ringo is cute.
- If Arle didn't teach me how to play Puyo Puyo, she would've never been the girl Ringo is right now when it comes to Puyo itself. It goes to show you that this is another type of character development that does feel like she went from a nobody to an overcomer.
- She does have some good friends as you could guess. Arle and Amitie are prime examples since she alongside the former two is like a trio. Ringo also considers Maguro as a childhood friend.
The Only Bad Quality
- Because she is the one that normally points out the holes in logic, she tends to get angry or terrified when she quickly realize things aren't right or don't have a scientific explanation.
- Her name is also the Japanese word for "apple", which is referenced heavily in various cut-ins and illustrations of her often carrying an apple.
- Although being a purported Physics aficionado, her spells use mathematical terms that do not necessarily apply to Physics (Sine, Cosine, Tangent, Integral, Permutation).
- In many of my spell cut-in (Sine, Cosine, Tangent in 7 and PuyoTet, Sine in 20th), she use Fleming's right-hand rule for generators, which closely relates to the electricity-based effects these spells create.
- Her family owns and runs Ando Family Fresh Produce in the Suzuran shopping district, seen on battle background in Puyo Puyo 7 and Puyo Puyo Tetris.
- In Puyo Puyo 7, her eye vision is 20/4, and she could see the Andromeda Galaxy even in daylight.
- An early concept of herself depicts her as a magical girl, with blue and yellow-colored companions making up a trio of magical girls. One can infer that the concept art is the basis of 7's Great Transformation mode.
- She is a reference to Sir Isaac Newton, as shown by both her intelligence and her strong association with apples; Newton was remembered to be an intelligent man who wrote the three laws of motion, and this was led by an apple dropping on his head.