Rikka Takanashi is the female protagonist in the Japanese light novel series and anime, Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai!. She is a "chūnibyō patient" who enrolls into the same high school with Yuuta Togashi (whom she holds feelings for).
She is voiced by Maaya Uchida in the Japanese Version and Margaret McDonald in the English Version.
Why She Rocks
- Rikka is a great example that teenagers who still act like little kids can be well-written and likable.
- She had started a fresh character trait, calling it a "chuunibiyou", where a character believes himself/herself with mystical/magical powers that only they can use and see, but not to the people around them.
- And due to this, it inspired many characters with this trait: Megumin, or Fischl.
- What made Rikka iconic is her adorable design, her blue hair, eyepatch, and her chuunibiyou personality.
- Even though she may look identical to Mei Misaki from the horror anime Another, you can still say that both are cute and well-designed characters.
- Her imaginary fight scenes are very well choreographed.
- The same goes for her imaginary weapons, which is also very creative.
- Rikka's finger spin in the opening became a meme, that many people recreate the finger spin with other anime characters.
- Her romance with Yuuta Togashi is very enjoyable and wholesome, which can cause viewers to want more of these two on-screen.
- In the film Take on Me!, Rikka is given a choice for herself after Yuuta proposed to her. Whether she wants to mature herself, let go of her chuunibiyou phase, or not. Although she hasn't completely made her choice yet, she accepted Yuuta's proposal, and will soon decide for herself.
- "Yuuta... It hurts!"
- Most of Rikka's antics can either be unpredictable, or random.
- There are times that she spouts out random nonsense.
- Her Japanese voice actress, Maaya Uchida, who also voiced Hiyori Iki in Noragami, Irina Shidou in High School DxD and Koito Minase in Myriad Colors Phantom World, Megumin in KonoSuba! (Drama CD), Melty Q. Melromarc in The Rising of the Shield Hero, Kaguya Yamai in Date A Live, Fischl from Genshin Impact, Norman in The Promised Neverland, and Katarina Claes in My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!'
- Rikka's name also means "snowflake". Her mother gave Rikka her name because she was pregnant with her during the winter.
- Her birthday is 12 June.