Rapunzel is the protagonist of Disney's 2010 animated feature film, Tangled. She is the princess of the kingdom of Corona, known for her long, magical, golden hair. As a child, Rapunzel was abducted by a wicked crone and locked away in a remote tower for eighteen years—during which, she became fascinated with a phenomenon involving "floating lights" that only appear on her birthday. With the aid of the handsome thief, Flynn Rider, Rapunzel escaped her tower to learn more about the lights and pursue her dream of exploring the outside world.
Rapunzel is loosely based on the protagonist of the classic German fairy tale Rapunzel by the Brothers Grimm. She is the tenth official Disney Princess and the first to originate from a fully computer-animated film.
Why She Rocks
- She is beautiful, kind, goofy, gentle, fun, happy and she sings beautifully.
- She is amazingly voiced by Mandy Moore.
- When she sang the Healing Incantation song to heal Flynn rider's hand, she sang it so beautifully. same goes to I See the Light, When Will My Life Begin (all versions), I'd Give Anything, Wind in My Hair, etc.
- She loves trying new things.
- She was even funnier in the tv series, especially when she played her flute and pascal played bongos while she did some goofy dance moves during a ball.
- She got some major character development in the film and tv series.
- She also teaches people you should leave toxic relationships unlike her book version
- She can be a jerk at times
- She almost caused collateral damage