Rainbow Dash is a female Pegasus and one of the main characters in My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic. She maintains the weather and clears the skies in Ponyville. As a huge fan of the Wonderbolts, she becomes a reservist member of the elite flying group in "Testing Testing 1, 2, 3" and a full member in Newbie Dash. In "Sonic Rainboom", Rarity and Princess Celestia both declare that she is the best flier in all of Equestria. She is also the only daughter of Bow Hothoof and Windy Whistles. She is voiced by Ashleigh Ball alongside her best friend Applejack.
Why She's 20% Cooler
- She is the Element of Loyalty and portrays it well in almost any moment, especially when she turned down a potentially big chance to be a famous flyer for her friends.
- She has one of the coolest designs in the show.
- The black-tinted glasses she wears look cool on her.
- She is really helpful to her friends. An example of this is how she helped Twilight learn to fly in "Princess Twilight Sparkle - Part 1".
- In "Testing Testing, 1, 2, 3", she focuses on several things at once while flying. When she's in the air, she monitors the ground and sky for trouble and makes note of everything she hears and sees.
- Her competitiveness is admirable, as she is shown to be very fast and wins almost every race she takes part in, one victory even granting her with her cutie mark back when she was a filly.
- She is very passionate and works her hardest to achieve her goals and dreams.
- She once claimed that she loves winning, but she loves her friends "waaay more".
- She is extremely confident in herself and her physical abilities.
- She also has a fun and mischievous side to her, like on Nightmare Night.
- Uncommon for a character of her personality and tomboy archetype, she adores reading, mainly Daring Do books.
- There is a funny recurring gag in the show with Rainbow Dash being obsessed with cider, as shown in "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000".
- She is an exceptional fighter, and this is shown multiple times in the show, including the invasion of the Changelings.
- Her voice actress, Ashleigh Ball, portrays her character excellently well.
- Realism in her character. Sometimes, she shows some signs of insecurity and self-consciousness about her image.
- She once stated that she hates losing, making her a little too competitive and sore loser.
- She is known well for being very egotistic.
- She is sometimes unintentionally a Blooregard Q. Kazoo wannabe, once calling Spike a "lame dragon", causing him to become very insecure about himself, and even leaving home.
- She can be quite an unlikable jerk and/or jealous at times, like when Mare Do Well became the new hero of Ponyville, or she thought she was thinking about Tank, but she wasn't actually thinking about what was good for him, nor was she listening to her friends.
- She was at her worst in "28 Pranks Later", where she constantly pulls pranks at everyone in Ponyville.
- She was horribly flanderized in Pony Life.
- In My Little Pony: The Movie, she boasted about the rainboom to Capper, even offering to perform it, but he turns her down. Later, she performs it for Captain Celaeno and her crew; unfortunately, this gives their position away to Tempest Shadow.
- Her parents are overly supportive of her and inadvertently embarrass her; this causes the three to have a delicate relationship with each other.
- Her quote "20% cooler" became a popular meme in the brony community.
- Her birthday is on April 14th, making her sign Aries.
- She was voiced by Brittany Lauda in PlayDate Digital's app Power Ponies.
- She is known to be a big fan of Daring Do.
- In "Trade Ya!", it is revealed that she has a collection of first edition Daring Do books.
- She wears a pair of black-tinted glasses several times in the show.
- She got her cutie mark when she performed her first sonic rainboom as a young filly as shown in "The Cutie Mark Chronicles".
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Cartoon characters
- American characters
- Canadian characters
- Young adults
- 2010s characters
- Characters with Insecurity
- Movie characters
- Cute characters
- Friendly characters
- Musical characters
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic characters
- TV characters
- Hasbro characters
- LGBT characters