|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Incredible Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
reasons for Why He Rocks should be more detailed
Popeye the Sailor is a cartoon character created by Elzie Crisler Segar. The character first appeared in the daily King Features comic strip Thimble Theatre on January 17, 1929, and Popeye became the strip's title in later years. Popeye has also appeared in theatrical and television animated cartoons. He was voiced by William Costello, Floyd Buckley, Jack Mercer, Mae Questel, Harry Foster Welch, Jackson Beck, Allen Swift, Maurice LaMarche, Billy West, and Tom Kenny.
Why He's Strong to the Finach
- To get the elephant out of the room, he’s strong to the finach, 'cause he eats his spinach!
- He can take down anything that’s bigger than him with one single punch.
- After his debut in animation, he became one of the most recognizable characters in cartoon history.
- His design is very diverse, especially his arm design.
- His voice is very fitting for his character.
- He gave us several memorable quotes such as "Well blow me down!", "Oh My Garshk!" and his signature laugh.
- His mumbling sounds very hilarious, especially when provided by Jack Mercer.
- He is a good role model to kids because he helps teach kids to eat spinach.
- He is very loving and caring to his friends and family from the cartoons and comics.
- Out of any voice actor, Jack Mercer did the best job voicing him.
- Popeye is usually shown smoking a pipe, this somehow caused a lot of controversies that he is now seen barely smoking in media nowadays because it might encourage kids to smoke.
- He became a punching bag during the late Famous Studios era.
- His design in the YouTube web series is horrendous and mediocre, making him look like a younger doppelganger of himself.
- Cartoon characters
- American characters
- 1920s characters
- 1930s characters
- 1940s characters
- 1950s characters
- 1960s characters
- 1970s characters
- 1980s characters
- 1990s characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- Musical characters
- Intelligent characters
- Important characters
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade characters