Pit (ピット, Pitto) is a fictional character and the main protagonist of the Kid Icarus series. Debuting in Kid Icarus for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1986, Pit would later appear in Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters for the Game Boy in 1991, and Kid Icarus: Uprising for the Nintendo 3DS in 2012.
Why He Rocks-icus
- Pit was a young angel boy, trapped in the Underworld. Then he was entrusted with a magical bow from the imprisoned Goddess of Light, Palutena as well as a mission, to defeat the lord of the Underworld, Medusa and save Angel Land. Naturally, he succeeds and becomes captain of Palutena's royal bodyguards.
- He is very powerful, as he has taken down many powerful enemies in his adventures, especially Hades at the end of Kid Icarus Uprising.
- Just like many other Nintendo heroes, he is always willing to protect others from danger, especially Palutena.
- He is highly entertaining, as he has many comedic moments, such as during the dialogue conversations in Kid Icarus Uprising, as well as during Palutena’s Guidance in Super Smash Bros. 4 and Ultimate.
- Some examples include "Who is this "Icarus" guy this game is named after? Can I meet him?", and "You can do it, Pichu! Kick his butt!".
- His famous line when he gets star KO in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate "I NEVER LEARNED HOW TO READ!". He also said this line in a clip in Kid Icarus: Uprising.
- He has a amazing character design, being accurate to what an Angel would look like.
- He cares about his allies very much, especially Palutena, but also Dark Pit, Viridi, Magnus, Poseidon, Dyntos, Zeus, Nurse, Don, Crow, and the Light Team, and will always fight for them as well as alongside them to defeat the forces of evil.
- He even risked his life to save Dark Pit, which made Dark Pit give him respect and return the favor when he helps revive Pit.
- His voice actors do a great job voicing him, especially Antony Del Rio.
- His intelligence is mediocre since he never learned how to read. He is also very gullible since he believes in everything Palutena says, even when she is joking. But this isn't enough to make him a dimwit.
- He is very talkative, he also sometimes unintentionally annoys others because of this, mostly Viridi and Dark Pit.
- He is somehow unpopular; Ever since Super Smash Bros. Ultimate released he never made a comeback in the Nintendo games since then.
- His Captain N The Game Master self doesn't stay faithful to the original source material that his appearance looks different like a typical angel, he has orange hair instead of brown, sounds like a raspy teenager and gets repetitive with some of the words that ends with icus.
- Curiously enough, he only got his redesign after Super Smash Bros. Brawl.