NOTE: Pichu will not be referred to with words like he/she, as while Pichu is not non-binary, its gender is random.
Pichu is an electric type Pokémon, it's also the pre-evolution of Pikachu, and evolves into that when leveling up with high friendship, and would evolve later into a Raichu with a Thunder Stone. Pichu is perhaps one of the most cutest Pokemon in the franchise, as is the pre-evolution of the mascot of the Pokémon franchise, and in the Pokémon animated series. This Pokémon made its first appearance in the Pokémon Gold and Silver games on November 21, 1999.
Why It Rocks
- While not as iconic as Pikachu, Pichu is still a fan favorite among most Pokémon fans. Most notably how cute it looks, how Pichu’s voice actors, Satomi Koorogi, did a great job voicing it, and how amazing it is when it uses its iconic Thunderbolt and Thunder strike attacks.
- Out of all the Nintendo characters, along with Pikachu, Pichu is the cutest character of them all.
- It has some good moments whenever It's in the Pokémon anime series, like when the Pichu Brothers appeared in "Pikachu & Pichu" and some other shorts and specials, and are very likable with their great personalities.
- Its designs are so good to look at, similar to Pikachu, given the fact that the color yellow appeals to a lot of children around the world is why, along with Pikachu, Pichu always has the best designs.
- Speaking of designs, Pichu's alter-ego, Spiky-eared Pichu, is one of the most interesting alter-egos you can see.
- As mentioned earlier, Satomi Koorogi's performance as Pichu is very good and does a great job at giving it a baby voice.
- The first episode of Pokémon Journeys, "Enter Pikachu", showed us a glorifying backstory of Ash's Pikachu when it was a little Pichu in Kanto.
- Pichu has been known to be this process, they took Pikachu and made it cuter, and that’s what makes Pichu special.
- It is a character in Super Smash Bros., introduced in Melee, but has been absent for many years afterwards, until it finally returned in Ultimate, along with Young Link.
- Though not as much as Pikachu, it has still spawned some material such as memes, toys, plushes, and an Amiibo.
- The Side by Side - Pichu & Pichu Song, have a listen!
- Sad thing, electric type moves (including Pichu’s) are no match for ground type Pokémon such as Rhydon. To be fair, this is the logic Pokémon was going for.
- Pichu was not a good character to play in Super Smash Bros. Melee due to its recoil damage when using electric attacks, but at least in Ultimate, they made it better, but to the point where it was broken/overpowered, so it got nerfed in later patches. It is still better in Ultimate than in Melee though, even after the patches.
- Some people consider Pichu a clone of Pikachu, even though it is a pre-evolution, most noticeably in the Super Smash Bros. series.
- Pichu is one of the first baby Pokémon ever created.