Perry the Platypus (codenamed Agent P) is one of the main characters in the 2007-2015 Disney animated series Phineas and Ferb. He is Phineas and Ferb’s pet platypus who lives a double life as a secret agent working for the OWCA (short for Organization Without a Cool Ancronym, a.k.a. “The Agency”), a government of animal spies. In the agency, his commanding officer is Major Monogram.
Why He's Perryǃ Perry the Platypusǃ
- He has a very catchy, fun, and memorable theme song.
- He is capable of being serious while on duty.
- Other than being an agent, he often shows up as a domestic pet, which remains intact. Intact, indeed.
- His battles against Dr. Doofenshmirtz are fun to watch.
- He is one of the most popular Phineas and Ferb characters who ever existed.
- He’s a great and intelligent fighter.
- He is protective of his family, the O.W.C.A. members, and Doofenshmirtz (in good terms).
- In the same way Sonic has a strong rivalry with Dr. Eggman, Perry has a pretty similar relationship with Dr. Doofenshmirtz, who is also a funny and entertaining villain.
- Unlike Sonic and Eggman however, Perry cares a lot about Heinz, understands his rough past, and Perry becomes even more likable as they both go from enemies, to frenemies, to friendly allies.
- The noises he makes are pretty funny and great. Especially his signature voice clip.
- His design and design shift into an anthropomorphic platypus is cute.
- He especially looked adorable when he was still a baby platypus.
- The times his cover are blown, you feel sympathy for Perry as he didn’t mean to hurt his owners' feelings, and he still shows his guilt, showing that as much as he would like to tell them, he knows it could put his loved ones in danger. He still tries his best to make it up to his family and friends in the end.
- Throughout Across the 2nd Dimension, after he blows his cover protecting Phineas and Ferb from being killed by the Platyborg, he still puts his family and friends above his own feelings, even after Phineas got understandably upset with him, such as when he sacrificed himself to keep the boys safe, and when he guided his family and Heinz back home while protecting them from the Norm-Bots chasing them. He also recreated the inventions Phineas and Ferb made, and trusted his family to save the day, which payed off as the kids and the agents were able to work together to keep the Norm-Bots at bay until he and Phineas defeat the Platyborg and 2nd Dimension Doof. The goodbye he has with his owners before their memories were erased was really heartwarming.
- Although still not remembering the 2nd Dimension adventure, Stacy found out Perry's secret again in "Happy Birthday, Isabella", after Doof's invention accidentally crashed into her house while he and Heinz were still having their usual battle and while Stacy was watching a Grievance movie. After that, Perry and Stacy kept it a secret, with Stacy understanding that the Flynn-Fletchers can’t live without Perry, and Stacy not wanting to rewatch the Grievance movie if her mind gets erased, forming a sweet bond of friendship since that episode, with Perry understanding that this isn’t like what happened in the 2nd Dimension, and that he can trust Stacy, like how he trusted his family.
- Disney characters
- Disney XD characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- Silent characters
- Crossover characters
- Characters that have traveled through time
- Cartoon characters
- TV characters
- Fan favorites
- 2020s characters
- Cute characters
- Disney Channel characters
- Phineas & Ferb characters
- Important characters
- LGBT characters