Patrick Star (SpongeBob SquarePants: Pre-Season 6, Post-Season 8; Kamp Koral and The Patrick Star Show)
Patrick Star is the deuteragonist of the SpongeBob SquarePants series and the titular main protagonist of his very own spin-off series The Patrick Star Show.
He is an overweight, lazy, dimwitted, unmannerly, naive, and ignorant starfish, who is best friends with SpongeBob SquarePants lives under a rock in the underwater city of Bikini Bottom next door to Squidward Tentacles' moai. Voiced by Bill Fagerbakke.
Why He Really Is A "Star"
- He may be dumb and quite moronic, but he presents his idiocy hilariously (not always, however).
- With that said, his eccentric behavior as a comedic goofball can be just as hilarious if not more.
- Similar to his fellow comic reliefs (such as Dory from Finding Nemo and Donkey from Shrek), Patrick is one of the most memorable comic reliefs in all of Animation and TV in general. Not only he has made a ton of internet memes, but he even manages to steal the show at times.
- Even when he was a Karma-Houdini/Idiot-Houdini of some sort in Season 5, he does get a bit of comeuppance for his bad actions in some episodes.
- Despite being annoying at times, he has honest intentions for his behavior or actions.
- He is simple-minded but charming.
- While usually slothful, messy, and lazy at home, he can be fun-loving like SpongeBob and is also charmingly silly at the same time.
- He is amazingly and memorably voiced by Bill Fagerbakke in an iconic yet goofy manner (or sometimes in such different ways of speaking like in the Patrick Smartpants episode).
- He was responsible for creating such memetic material with some expressions and quotable moments he's made from the series to the 2004 movie and such memeable scenes his existence has made with many worldwide.
- "I'll have uhh... uhhhh..."
- He has a cute character design, like SpongeBob and many characters done by Hillenburg. He's greatly animated as well.
- He also at the same time, made some quotable lines and timeless scenes that were quotable like the "Game over" scene from "Patrick! The Game" or memeable like the "The ugly barnacle" story or the "Look at it" scene both from "Something Smells" for example.
- He has shown to have a great, strong and healthy friendship with SpongeBob with thoroughly helping SpongeBob whenever he's at his lowest or even motivating him like in the pilot episode of SpongeBob in such a relatable and childlike fashion that he is quite lovable to be around when he isn't trying to be stupid, but rather a supportive stooge instead.
- Speaking of which, he is a very pleasant, helpful, affable, and loyal character to be around when he wants to be.
- Despite being an idiot, he's usually very understanding to his friends like SpongeBob and even other characters who loathe him like Squidward or Sandy.
- Also, a lot like Homer, he can have some brilliant moments with showing high intelligence on occasion aside from his usual stupidity. Especially where he was marginally intelligent in Season 1, however, he just got a lot stupider over time.
- He managed to recover from his flanderization from seasons 6-8, since season 9, where he managed to become a likable character again and thankfully managed to get his character back in shape.
- He is the first SpongeBob SquarePants character to be receiving his very own spin-off show, The Patrick Star Show.
- He was terribly flanderized during the sixth to eight seasons of the show where he would become a brain dead idiot and a malicious jerk to SpongeBob.
- Likewise, it varies whether he was in character or not in Season 5. Though he isn't as bad as he was in seasons 6-8.
- Even prior to his flanderization, he can be clueless and ignorant for the wrong reasons.
- He can be very unlikable in some episodes before and after his flanderization, such as “I’m with Stupid”, “Ink Lemonade“ and “Jolly Lodgers”, just to name a few.
- He spawned countless memes, the "Is mayonnaise an instrument?" meme being the most well-remembered out of the many.
- He got his own show called “The Patrick Star Show”, which first premiered on July 9th, 2021.
- He was born on August 17th, 1984, making him a Leo.
- This date was provided by the 2014 SpongeBob Annual book.
- In a theory based on SpongeBob and his friends representing "The 7 Deadly Sins", Patrick is considered to be the "Sloth" as several examples were shown in many episodes that he shows how incredibly lazy he is.