Padak or Flappy is the titular main protagonist of the 2012 south Korean animated film "Padak".
She is a female mackerel who was taken to a sushi restaurant, and was about to get eaten. She tried to escape, but was sadly killed at end.
Why She Rocked
- She tried her best on encouraging the other fish to escape from the tank, no matter how much backlash she got for dismissing the flatfish as a phony.
- Unlike the other fish who are about to get eaten in the sushi restaurant, Padak never lost hope on escaping the tank.
- Throughout the film, she bonds with Spotty, telling him about her life in the sea and encouraging him to be free with her.
- Her high hopes and optimism makes her one of the movie's most sympathetic characters.
- She was smart and strong-minded enough to not fall for the old flatfish's lies about the sea, since she comes from there.
- Though the animation looks weird (note, it was on purpose) Padak's character design is still appealing.
- Her two songs are great: Nightmare is a very well-written song, and Forgive me is pretty emotional.
- After eating a few clownfish who were insulting her, she looks at a flatfish being devoured and realizes of what she was becoming, snapping right out of it despite suffering from starvation.
- She stood up to Jooldom for bullying her and Spotty.
- Her not wanting to be in the flatfish's group is pretty understandable, since as mentioned prior, the flatfish's riddles is full of lies.
- Her death is not only heartbreaking, but also inspired the flatfish to escape the tank.
The Only Bad Quality
- Her Butt-Monkey moments can be pretty painful to watch.