Olive Oyl was the Famous Studios counterpart of the Popeye character of the same name.
Why She Rocks
- She has a zany attitude, a silly personality, and a wacky side to her personality.
- She can also do tap-dancing and scat-singing.
- She has romantic feelings for Popeye usually being less faithful and she would often be wooed by the likes of Bluto only for Popeye to win her back in the end, or for both Popeye and Bluto to give up on her.
- She has moments with very zany, slapstick-comedy.
- She is full of energy, enthusiasm, and the joy of living.
- Despite her cuteness, wackiness, and hilarity, she has a lot of masculinity to balance it out.
- She can be quite a hypocrite as well as being fickle.
- She can be annoying at times.
- She sometimes isn't that bright either and has made some very dumb moves.
- She sometimes treats Popeye poorly at times.
- Her character was sadly Flanderized from 1949 to 1963 for the sake of being obnoxious and unlikable.
- She was also flanderized in the YouTube Web Series where she is turned into a tomboyish character who is only into inventing many things. And like the other characters, her design is mediocre and makes her look like a young doppelganger of herself.
- American characters
- Cartoon characters
- Cute characters
- Optimistic characters
- Quirky characters
- Funny characters
- 1920s characters
- 1930s characters
- 1940s characters
- 1950s characters
- 1960s characters
- 1970s characters
- 1980s characters
- 1990s characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- Dumb characters
- Gullible characters
- Damsel in distress
- Decent characters
- Characters with polarizing voices/qualities
- Characters who went downhill
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade characters