WARNING! Spoilers ahead!
This article may reveal some pointers such as ones from the Manga or Light Novel of certain anime.
Nino Nakano (中なか野の二に乃の, Nakano Nino?) is one of the main characters of the 5-toubun no Hanayome series. She is the second sister of the Nakano Quintuplets who usually acts as the mother of the family; cooking for them and taking care of their medical needs. Among the five sisters, she is the one who has the highest hostility towards Fuutarou Uesugi and often rebelled against him early in the series.
Why She Rocks
- While Nino is usually sour and rebellious against Fuutaro, she is mature and responsible to her other sisters.
- She is considered to be the mother of the siblings. While Ichika is destined to be the eldest of the five, Nino's care for them - such as carrying around bandages because one of them was bound to get injured, clearly shows - the attitude she has with them.
- Like her other quintuplet sisters, voluptuous and busty, Nino had the most girlish character design and usually possesses many cute accessories.
- Out of all her sisters, Nino is a great cook.
- Her character development is very significant, as she gets more matured than before.
- She becomes less aggressive and acknowledges her feelings properly to Fuutaro ever since she cuts her hair to medium length.
- Nino tries to deny the fact she may be in love with Fuutaro, as they ride together on his motorcycle, she confesses as she's speaking about how it will get lonelier since they all passed their exams.
- Ever since she opened up to Fuutaro, Nino become very bold, and makes various attempts to be closer to him.
- In chapter 81, Nino criticized Ichika on the latter's attitude and obsession with Fuutaro.
- The fact that she isn't not good at hiding her embarrassment at all, makes her all the more cute.
The Only Bad Quality
- She's not the likable type when she was first introduced, considering that she drugged Fuutaro's food when he first came to the Nakano's apartment, due to her strong disliking towards him.
- The name Nino means "two" (二) (ni) and "from" (乃) (no).
- Purple rose petals on Volume 3 cover (Nino's volume) means "love at first sight", which is possibly a reference to her affection towards Kintarou, who is in fact Fuutarou Uesugi.
- Nino owns various dolls on her bed where one particular doll is often seen in the background or as a cameo throughout the series.
- Nino has a rabbit-themed phone cover.
- Nino's dream is to open a restaurant.
- Nino is apparently afraid of needles, a trait she shares with Itsuki Nakano.
- Nino prefers black tea as it can be customized to her tastes.
- Nino seems to have a form of attraction towards blonde-haired people as she was attracted to Fuutarou's younger self and she expresses some form of attraction towards Isanari Uesugi.
- Ayana Taketatsu (Nino's voice actress) is the second oldest of the voice actresses of the sisters.
- Taketatsu is married to Yūki Kaiji, whom had voiced Eren Yeager, and Ayato Kirishima.