"Don't let your kids watch this!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
WARNING! This article is NSFL!
This article may contain content that is disturbing, including themes of rape, murder, abuse, drugging, crime, disaster, tragedy, etc.
Niko Bellic (Serbian: Нико Белић, Niko Belić) is the protagonist of Grand Theft Auto IV and a supporting character in The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony. He is also mentioned by Lester Crest and Patrick McReary in Grand Theft Auto V. The player can choose Niko Bellic as their parent model in Grand Theft Auto Online.
Why He Rocks
- He's the very first HD Era protagonist in the GTA Installment, and the first Protagonist to be Eastern European.
- His backstory is very grim, as most of his comrades were killed after the events of a war, ever since then his journey was to kill the person who betrayed them and nearly took Niko's own life in the process.
- He's a very humorous and sarcastic person, in fact he is the reason of GTA 4's Best memorable moments.
- He's the only GTA Protagonist who doesn't a happy, well-deserved and light hearted ending, as either way it's still pretty tragic.
- If you choose the Revenge Option (A Dish Served Cold), Niko must fight his way onto to Platypus Cargo Ship, in order to execute Rascalov for his early betrayal towards Niko, as a consequence though, as Dimitri death's affects the Pegorino Family which led to Pegorino's downfall on the wedding Jimmy tried to assassinate Niko however Jimmy accidentally killed Kate in the process which greatly depressed Niko.
- If you choose the Deal Option, you will be forced to work with Dimitri as part of a partnership between them, However once the deal is done Dimitri will still betray Niko as in the wedding a Hitman was sent by either Dimitri or Pegorino in the wedding, attempting to shoot Niko by accident shoots Roman instead which deeply angers Niko and shoots the hitman.
- Even if both of them were avenged in both endings it still not a happy ending, because of what Niko went through.
- He cares deeply about his family, despite having an initial hatred towards Roman at first because of his gambling habits, that is only because he doesn't want for his life in any further danger and when Vlad had an affair with Roman's girlfriend, Niko would teach the person who messed with his family.
- Niko doesn't do anything for the money, if he gets dragged into any money related favors, Niko would only do it to get rid of the goons, and for his own safety and his partner's safety only.
- "Roman?, Roman!, are you sleeping you fat f**k", "Where's Barbara with Big T*tt*es, and Stephanie that sucks like a vacuum", "Will you wrap it up and put a pretty bow at it".
- He was at his best in both endings, as he wasn't screwing around with both Pegorino and Rascalov anymore, as Niko throughout the game suffered too much Physical Pain, Emotional Pain, and even took the lives of others whether he really needs to or he was just dragged into that particular situation, and unlike some GTA Protagonists, Niko didn't do revenge for Satisfaction but because he doesn't want anymore pain in his life he already had a dark past and losing an important person could make that pain and suffering even worse.
- Michael Hollick did an amazing job portraying him.
- His surname is mispronounced.
- He can be a jerk sometimes.