Mr. Tinkles, simply known as Tinkles, is the main antagonist of the 2001 film Cats & Dogs, and a supporting antagonist in the 2010 sequel Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore. He is a selfish, cruel, ruthless, and pompous Persian cat who's also a xenophobic mastermind that has a personal hatred of dogs and will stop at nothing to make people everywhere allergic to dogs so he can dominate the world. He is also the archenemy of Lou and Butch.
Why He's Got Nothing, To Hide
- As the main antagonist, he is very hammy, over-the-top, humorous, witty, and underhanded, giving him a lot of personality and enjoyability as a comedic villain.
- He is easily the most entertaining villain in the entire Cats & Dogs series, providing the perfect balance of being comical and nefarious in the first movie. In the sequel, he's still a wise-cracking and intelligent villain who managed to escape the prison as seen at the end of the second movie.
- Despite the extremely hammy performance, Tinkles is still capable of being a threatening villain, with schemes like kidnapping humans to brainwash them into his slaves.
- His jokes and one-liners are often very amusing and entertaining to listen to, as they do bring a good laugh.
- He follows the logic and charm of a conventionally diabolical villain with a hammy dialect, one who seeks vengeance to make people allergic to dogs, possibly due to how cats are represented in the movie.
- Compared to every other animal in the film, he is completely animated throughout most of the movie, with the CGI for him being passable. Which allows more control to make him very expressive and full of life instead of being played by a real cat.
- Sean Hayes does a fantastic job voicing him.
- Due to him being kept in prison as seen in Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore, he is fairly supportive of the protagonists despite all of his snarky, cocky, and pitiful remarks. He was even so smart and effective, he escaped from there somehow!
- In his interview for the film, Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore, he is quite likable as a person outside his cinematic appearances. Despite claiming to be an evil genius, he is actually a genuinely nice, honest, and affable person to talk to.
- He provides plenty of entertaining and hilarious quotes, these include
- "Did the puppy fall, for my clever trap? Hmm??"
- "You!! Tell me!! Is the game afoot? .. WHY IS THE GAME AFOOT?!"
- "Is the puppy ALIVE or not??"
- "'Dark Cloud'? Is that what I'm calling my plan?? 'Dark Cloud'?"
- "Yes, because like a powerful dark storm I will make my presence known to the world! Like a seeping missst, I will cream into the dog's center of power, AND MAKE THEM QUAKE IN FEAR, AT THE VERY MENTION OF MY NAME!!"
- "Cats rule."
- "Ahhh, Ha! I'm 'king of the world!"
- "AHhahaha HaHAHa Haha! Stand still! I need to crush you."
- "Butch! You look bald, and fat, and after all these years, still; only a field agent"
- "The last bird who stood this close to me, well. I enjoy his company with a plate of fancy feist, and a nice saucer of milk, (inhale sucking sounds, coughs) HAIRBALL."
- "Greetings my furry friends, it is I Tinkles, free, scot-free! Meouhuhow Meohuow, did you really think that the rock, could hold me forever? I'm definitely not an indoor cat! .. Hey! Ringo! Enough with the steel drums here, I'm trying to talk mon."
- "I'm going to enjoy this game of Cat and Mouse hpmh, or shall I say, Cat and Cat, and... Dog, ah, of course, you got that little bird there too right? Wow, it's like a whole petting zoo! Anyway. Come and Get Me!! If, you, dare! Mahahahahahaha! Meahaow hahah!!"
- "I want you to stay here... because I hate you."
- "What's the matter, Large Marge? Cat's got your tongue??"
- "Boo!! Oh my! "a talking cat"! Scary, isn't it?"
- Unsurprisingly, some of his complex and ingenious schemes or plans have flaws due to surrounding and not just because of limited brilliance, one good example is his proposition that the mice will get plenty of cheese and have the whole continent of Australia is... questionable. Especially since Wisconsin has plenty of cheese there instead of Australia.
- The advice he gave to cats in his interview is quite silly, even though it's comedic and Tinkles did admit that it came off as slimy, but Tinkles prolly won't answer future messages about signing up to be a part of his organization when he claimed to give them 10% when he has plenty of zealous plans and schemes up his sleeve.
- The comeuppances he receives tend to be extremely awkward and weird, like being around a group of overexcitable maidens putting him in "cute" cat outfits (which often annoys Tinkles himself), depending on your view.
- Typically, due to being a cunning evil mastermind, he tends to be cocky, snarky, and arrogant in his schemes, directly towards dog lovers, and often acts jerkish to his feline henchmen, especially Calico. As seen in Cats & Dogs, he pretends that his owner, Mr. Mason, is a narcissistic and rude boss who fired everyone in his sweatshop for comedic value.
- He is apparently dating Kitty Galore, the main antagonist of Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore, ever since they were in middle school and high school as revealed in his interview for that film. Where Kitty was revealed to have a dream for being an actress and she eventually became one for the movie stated above.
- He had a website called evil.com (which doesn't actually exist and was made up as a part of the script for his voice actor)
- His parents communicated like cats and dogs, he claims that the writers for the first movie thought it would be a good idea to make him a dog-hater when he really isn't one.
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Live-action characters
- CGI characters
- Movie characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- Good characters from bad media
- Characters with good voices
- Obscure characters
- Funny characters
- Hilarious characters
- Laughably evil
- Beware the silly ones
- Badass characters
- Unlucky characters
- Sadistic characters
- Chaotic Evil characters
- Large Hams
- Sarcastic characters
- Wrathful characters
- Intelligent characters
- Friendly characters
- Underrated characters
- Decent characters