Mortimer "Morty" Smith (born October 5, 2007) is one of the title characters of the American animated television series Rick and Morty. Created by Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon, Morty was born on October 5, 2007 is an anxious 14-year-old based on Marty McFly from Back to the Future. Known for his awkward, anxious, second-guessing, and doubtful personality and for his low self-esteem, the character has been well-received. He is the good-natured and impressionable grandson of alcoholic mad scientist Rick Sanchez, and can be somewhat easily manipulated. Others sometimes refer to him as Morty Smith C-137 in reference to the designation given to his grandfather by the Trans-Dimensional Council of Ricks, in reference to his original universe, "C-137"; whether this is his actual universe designation is unknown. Book 1 of the Rick and Morty comic series (comprising the first two volumes of the series) follows the Rick and Morty of Dimension C-132 while most issues of subsequent instalments follow the Rick and Morty of "C-137"; the video game Pocket Mortys follows the Rick and Morty of C-123.
Why He Didn't Purge People
- His awkward attitude is not only adorable but pretty funny as he never fails to make you laugh.
- He has spawned a ton of internet memes on the show such as how he had a diamond on his forehead.
- While his love for Jessica can get weird, he really does care for her.
- Justin Roiland voices him brilliantly, especially when Morty screams.
- Despite his idiotic behavior at times, Morty has shown intelligence such as the times he criticizes Rick or when he told Jerry that Pluto is not a planet.
- He has a number of badass moments such as in "Who's Purging Now", he went on a killing rampage. Or that he has grown a lot more badass.
- In “The Rickconvenient Mort”, his relationship with Planetina was sweet (depending on your view).
- Morty is a good son to both Beth and Jerry and shows great chemistry with Summer, such as in the season 4 finale.
- Last but not least, he is a fan-favorite of the entire show along with Rick.
- While it is okay for him to have a crush on Jessica, it can go a bit to far at times.
- Although is murderous rampage was awesome, it is a rather too far for Morty's character.
- He is sometimes treated like punching bag at times.
- His voice is kind of annoying.
- He is very unlikable in "Rickdependence Spray" when he takes advantage of an internship at the place his mother works in so he could inappropriately misuse the breeding mount for his own pleasure and then lies about it to Rick and falsely blames him for the sperm invasion.