This page is dedicated to Travis Davis (1956-2009), who was the original voice for Green.
Merc and Green are secondary protagonists of the 2005 Insomniac Games video game Ratchet: Deadlocked.
Why They Rock
- For the singleplayer version of the campaign, they both help Ratchet out.
- They come with multiple weapons and gadgets including an EMP and a shield.
- After the events of the game, they work at a Galaxy Burger.
- Their designs are unique, cute and hardcore.
- They can be upgraded and customized with several modifications throughout the game.
- They have survived from a previous DreadZone contestant’s loss.
- Merc has a lower pitch drone in his voice and Green has a very slightly higher pitch so people can tell which is speaking.
- Phil Morris did a good job voicing Merc.
- Unlike Green, he is more adventurous.
- He had plenty of funny lines such as “Hey, boss. Do you read Chaucer?” and “Let me at ‘em. Let me at ‘em! I’ll tear ‘em apart!”
- Travis Davis did an excellent job voicing Green.
- He contrasts with Merc by being the more nervous of the two.
- Aside from their voices and personalities, it’s hard to tell which one is which.
- They aren’t in the co-op campaign. However, their gadgets are given to both player characters.
- Their backstory working for a previous male DreadZone contestant is kind of sad.
- His quotes upon Ratchet respawning can be annoying.
- They were originally intended to walk with legs but were changed to hover due to difficulties with the game engine.