Meggy Spletzer is a modern main character in SMG4/Super Mario 64 Bloopers, and the protagonist of its spinoff series Sunset Paradise.
Within the SMG4 series, she also served as the tritagonist of Season 9, appearing in nearly every episode of that season and serving as the main protagonist of the infamous Anime Arc, as well as the titular main protagonist of SMG4 Movie: Meggy's Destiny at the start of Season 10.
She is a former Inkling and is currently a human. Originally from Inkopolis, Meggy is a highly competitive girl who was obsessed with winning the Splatfest, the top Inkling sports competition. Although she started out on poor terms with Mario when she escaped from a paint can she was trapped in, they quickly become good friends when he participates in the Splatfest with her.
Why She's a Woomy
- She's extremely kind to all her friends especially to Mario and SMG4 being some of the most notable examples.
- She was also upset that her friend "Desti" passed away and blamed herself for the death she should've been faster proving how a good friend she is.
- She's willing to sacrifice herself, in "The Mario Convention", she realized Kojima had a T-Pose mushroom and was planning to turn Mario into a T-Pose zombie. She pushed him out of the way before the Shroom exploded, sacrificing herself for Mario's safety, and thus she turns into a T-Pose Zombie, and in "Final Hours" she told her friends to use her ink to save everyone else and doesn't care if it kills her as she wants to save her own friends thus turning her into a human.
- Out of all the characters in the SMG4 series, Meggy has by far the most character development and focus.
- Her animated form in Sunset Paradise is nicely animated, especially in the HD form.
- The battle she had in candy vs pizza was extremely funny and then eventually learned in the episode that both pizza and candy are good enough for a good party.
- Lizzie Freeman did a great job at voicing her. (And Elsie Lovelock also does a great job too with her ability to replicate Lizzie's Meggy voice.)
- She along with Mario and Luigi made a great duo especially in the The Minecraft Plague where they're trying to end the Minecraft world transformation and turn the world back to normal.
- The live streams featuring her in SMG4's channel are also really enjoyable to watch especially the gameplays and reactions.
- In both her original Inkling and human forms, her design is cute and beautiful (depending on what you think about her human form).
- Despite not being a comic relief character, she does have some funny moments, such as her failing to resist to not shoot Bob, and went crazy and shot Bob numerous times in "Final Fantasy Mario", her going crazy when Bowser said paint, and ruining the entire kitchen in "Mario and the Bob Mansion", her being possessed by Mario's mask in "Mario's Mask of Madness", and her saying "I'M GOING TO BREAK YOUR NIKO NIKO KNEECAPS!" in "Meggy Learns Japanese.
- Meggy tends to have more common sense than most SMG4 characters, thus she serves as a foil to her dumber friends like Mario for example.
- Meggy is shown to be skilled with guns, as shown in "Final Fantasy Mario", where after she got a gun, she hit a bullseye numerous times, and at one point, she managed to do that while looking at her phone. She does this again in "The Mario Carnival", where she managed to hit large numbers of targets with extreme efficiency and accuracy, going on par with Tari before being bested by her on "power drive mode", and in "The Resurrection", she attacked a monster by shooting at it numerous times.
- Meggy is shown to be a good fighter as well. As shown in "Wild, Wild Mario", where she kicks a cowboy that is threatening Shroomy, "The X-Mas Discovery" where she, enraged, did an uppercut so hard that she sent Waluigi to the roof. "The Mario Mafia", where after Wendy approaches her, she sweeps Wendy's leg and kicks her out of the window, "The Minecraft Plague", where she attacked a skeleton for its' loot, and "TEXTURES NOT FOUND", where she fights off the zombies.
- She is also a really competent lawyer, as shown in "Mario University", where she managed to explain that the culprit who trashed the campus kitchen was SMG4 and not Mario because the culprit threw a plate of spaghetti away. Also, she saved Mario's life and defended him in "Mario's Big Chungus Hunt", where she explains to the Big Chunguses that video games would help them win sales.
- Admittedly, her role in "Meggy's Destiny".
- Earlier on in the movie, she stubbornly refuses the Ink Boi 300 because she believes she still has all of her skills. Due to this, she has almost lost the last Splatfest, and refused to accept the fact that she needed the Ink Boi. However, she let go of her pride because of her meeting with her past Inkling self.
- This is also when she lets go of Desti's death in "World War Mario", where at first, when she initially lost the Splatfest, she cries, and felt she had let Desti down, but after Callie and Marie told her that the other team cheated, she gained more confidence and hope, and later she actually wins the Splatfest, and afterwards, she hugged Desti (as a ghost) as a way to of making it easier to do so, thanking her for keeping up the promise she made in at her funeral.
- At the conclusion of the "Genesis Arc", there was an emotional scene where Melony was mourning Axol's demise, Meggy used her previous situation for something good, regarding the loss of Desti, by offering her an open communication with her if she needs her, showing her compassionate side.
- Her first appearance in "If Mario Was In... Splatoon", was a rather rocky start as a character.
- There have been a few times where she has been mean-spirited, and very unlikable such as:
- She has been shown to be condescending when she trains her team Splatsquad in "Meggy's Bootcamp", even if her dream is to win Splatfest. Not helping is that her emotional redemption in that episode felt a bit half-baked.
- Arguably her worst portrayal by far is in the episode, "Boys vs Girls", where she was not only malicious and out-of-character pranking Mario, Bowser, and Axol, but also hypocritical when they pranked Tari, telling them that they took things too far.
- Also, in "DO NOT ENTER", where she was also out-of-character as she proceeded to be uncharacteristically be lazy during the scene where Luigi was cleaning up the mess, and proceeded to try to burn Mario at the stake just for causing a mess unintentionally, and also when he went through Saiko's secret door, she along with Saiko decided to try to beat and choke him.
- She can occasionally become impulsive and petty at times, such as when she fought against Mario in "Food Wars" because Mario wanted pizza to be the party food.
- She can be considered pretty bland to some.
- She has played somewhat of a part in SMG4's minor decline (depending on your view).
- As seen from "What if...", if Desti didn't die then Meggy would be the one who's dead.
- She has her own series called Sunset Paradise which is a series about her going on vacation without her friends in a more HD way.
- Similar to Steve Urkel, Meggy was originally planned to be a one-time character in the series before becoming a main character.
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Internet memes
- Characters with polarizing voices/qualities
- Intelligent characters
- Beware the nice ones
- Friendly characters
- Relatable characters
- Wrathful characters
- Hilarious characters
- 2010s characters
- 2020s characters
- Cute characters
- Titular characters
- Badass characters
- Fan works characters
- SMG4 characters
- Fan favorites
- Attractive characters
- Animal lovers