(Redirected from Mega Man (character))
Mega Man, known as Rockman (ロックマン Rokkuman, from the phrase "Rock 'n Roll") in Japan, is the title protagonist of the "classic" Mega Man series developed by Capcom since 1987 and also serves as the company's mascot. He is also known as Mega or Rock in his original form. The pixel art for him was created by the designer of the original game in the series, Akira Kitamura (credited under the pseudonym "A.K"), and later turned into a refined illustration by Keiji Inafune (credited under the pseudonym "Inafking").
Why He Mega Rocks
- He is one of the most well known mascots in video game history along with Mario, Pac-Man, Sonic the Hedgehog & Crash Bandicoot.
- Mega Man's personality seems to stem from his creator, Dr. Light, whose intention may have been to design his project that was called Rock then changed to Mega, was based on his own interpretation of a real boy as if it were his very own son, revealing to be one of the most useful reasons for a invention, not to mention one of the most awesome reasons for an invention ever.
- With that said, even for a fictional robot, he show to be an waterproof robot and is one of the most indestructible robots ever created (even for some other robots Mega Man fights or gets along with in the series).
- He always tried to find an alternative to violence against his enemies, this was done with his shooting cannon (although this was still effective in combat, it's a fun weapon to use overall).
- He can choose an weapon form other bosses, making boss fights and going through levels seem very enjoyable.
- In other media like cartoons/etc, Mega Man has also demonstrated to have strong leadership skills on the occasions where he works with a team.
- Speaking of his adaptions, when in other titles like the Super Smash Bros series, Mega Man's skills, fighting moves, and combat always improves in every version since he was added to the series.
- He spawned an internet memes like one from the 1994 cartoon called Derp Mega Man for example along with many more.
- Not only he can just fight robots and take there weapons with him, but he also can charge his buster and stop time with the speed gear when enemy's tried to attack him, which are some awesome techniques based on sci-fi.
- No matter how dangerous the robot masters are, he always stands up for himself and fight them momentarily, showing how much courage he has.
- Mega Man is a bit naive (even for being a programmed), and Wily's frequent false repentance have become a constant frustration to Mega Man who appears to developing less patience with him.
- Mega Man was flanderized and out of character in Mega Man 8, and in that game, he mispronounces Bass' name as in the fish (bas) and not the instrument (base).
- His Fully Charged self was poorly received by some and was flanderized. He was made a bit unlikable and cocky compared to his original counterpart.
- Even though he talks in later games he's a bit silent, so it's hard knowing his personality.
- The names "Mighty Kid", "Knuckle Kid" and "Rainbow Kid" were all proposed names before Capcom settled on the name Mega Man (Rockman in Japan).
- The Japanese name "Rock" (Mega Man's original name) was not Americanized until Mega Man Powered Up, when it was changed to "Mega". This change has since been retconned, however, as evidenced by the U.S. Mega Man 9 site which uses the name "Rock". The Archie Comics Mega Man series establishes Rock as the name of Mega Man's civilian form.
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Capcom characters
- Martial artists
- Japanese characters
- Anime characters
- Crossover characters
- Video game characters
- Characters by portrayal
- Cute characters
- Likable characters
- Characters who went downhill
- Super Smash Bros. characters