Ladybug a.k.a ￼Marinette Dupain-Cheng is one of the main protagonists of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. She is a student in Miss Bustier's class at Collège Françoise Dupont in Paris, France and an aspiring fashion designer. She owns the Ladybug Miraculous which is when inhabited by Tikki, Marinette transforms into the superheroine Ladybug, hereby gaining the power of creation to stop Hawk Moth.
Why She Is Miraculous
- Unlike most superheroes, she usually finds very intelligent, crafty, and strategic ways to defeat the villain other than just fighting them.
- She has good, heartwarming, and funny chemistry with Cat Noir/Adrien Agreste.
- She is a unique combination of the Magical Girl and Superhero archetypes.
- She has a very pretty and cute design and her Ladybug costume is cool and well animated as well.
- Marinette herself is also a very kind, friendly, cheerful, clever, charismatic girl.
- Also unlike most superheroines, she has a girly personality and loves fashion designing, but she also happens to enjoy playing video games as well.
- Character Development: She first started as a shy girl with low self-esteem and self-confidence but she becomes more confident and responsible after becoming Ladybug; in fact, in season 3 and onwards, she has even become the responsible new guardian of Miraculous Box.
- She also helps others, who also have insecurities such as Juleka Couffaine who thought she had a "class photo curse".
- She always tends to learn her lessons and tries to become a more open-minded, understanding person.
- She has an unhealthy obsession with Adrien (Cat Noir's alter ego).
- She usually stalks Adrien without him knowing.
- She sometimes acts irrational at times, as shown when she tried to deflect the false accusation of "stealing" Chloé's bracelet onto others who are also innocent.
- She sometimes abuses her powers as Ladybug to keep other girls such as Chloe, Lila, and Kagami away from Adrien.
- She can be a bit harsh towards Cat Noir, such as in Reflekdoll and The Miraculous New York movie.
- Even though she always learns her lessons, she rarely faces the consequences of her actions, making her an unsympathetic Karma Houndi at times.
- Hypocrisy: Ladybug said to su han that Judging us based on your own fears but not on our actions is bad when Revealing to her self to adrien is based in her own fears
- Internet memes
- Cute characters
- Miraculous Ladybug characters
- Characters with Insecurity
- Optimistic characters
- Girly girls
- Fan favorites
- Friendly characters
- French characters
- In love
- Disney Channel characters
- European characters
- Cartoon characters
- CGI characters
- Characters that have traveled through time
- Magical characters
- TV characters
- Intelligent characters
- Titular characters
- Good characters considered bad by haters
- Characters with polarizing voices/qualities
- Decent characters