Marjorie Jacqueline "Marge" Simpson (née Bouvier) (born in October 1, 1956), the tritagonist of The Simpsons, is the homemaker and full-time strict mom of the Simpson family. She and her husband Homer have three children: Bart, Lisa, and Maggie. Marge is the moralistic force in her family and often provides a grounding voice in the midst of her family's antics by trying to maintain order in the Simpson household. Aside from her duties at home, Marge has flirted briefly with a number of careers ranging from police officer to anti-violence activist.
Why She Rocks
- She has shown to be trusting and loving wife to Homer and mother of Bart, Lisa, and Maggie.
- She slaves over her family and cleans up their mess, making her quite unappreciated.
- She cares a lot about her family and likes her very flawed and dimwitted but fun-loving husband just the way he is.
- She would go to drastic measures just to protect the people she loves.
- Like Ned Flanders, she just casually enjoys going to church.
- She is wonderfully animated like most of the other Simpsons characters.
- She has very high morals.
- She has a great design and a kind personality.
- She is needed by everyone in order to sustain stability. It was once even stated that Springfield would fall to bits without her.
- Although she got flanderized during Seasons 16-30, she, along with her son Bart, were never flanderized during the show's decline throughout Seasons 11-15 and in season 31, and still kept their original personas during those seasons.
- Her voice is pretty much more tolerable than Patty and Selma's voices.
- Her backstories with Homer and other episodes featuring Homer and Marge's past on how they met before they got married are very touching, and sweet.
- She has the tendency to be a "wet blanket", which isn't fitting for Marge.
- She tries hard to avoid all risks, which isn't always a good thing.
- Marge tends to consider anything that is not completely plain to be amazing or exotic, even if they are not all that special.
- She can be very strict, overprotective, hypocritical and serious at times.
- There have also been occasions where Marge's wishes and demands have led to trouble at the expense of her family.
- She was flanderized to an overprotective mother in seasons 16-30, though not as bad Bart, Homer and Lisa, and she’s managed to recover from her flanderization since season 31.
- Though Marge's voice is tolerable than Patty and Selma's voices, around seasons 24-present, it became more tired due to her voice actress aging.
- The scene where she and Bart krumped became an internet meme.
- 20th Century Fox characters
- 1980s characters
- 1990s characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- Friendly characters
- Intelligent characters
- Neurotic characters
- Cartoon characters
- American characters
- Hollywood Walk of Fame characters
- TV characters
- Crossover characters
- Disney characters
- Attractive characters
- 20th century characters
- Titular characters
- The Simpsons characters