Mandy is the overall titular deuteragonist of the franchise, who is best friends with Billy and Grim. She is a devious girl from Endsville. In stark contrast to her cheerful, talkative, uniquely stupid best friend Billy, she is shown to be intelligent, quiet, bitter and utterly ruthless with no redeeming qualities whatsoever (in her world, but from our point of view, see below).
After the theme song, Mandy is shown in front of a black screen, usually speaking to the viewers in a creepy, sarcastic way, similar to the couch gag opening of The Simpsons.
Why She Rocked
- Mandy is best known for her dark, antisocial, short-tempered, cynical, merciless, and creepy nature, along with her desire as well as having the actual power to enslave humanity and conquer the world.
- Depending on the situation, and if she follows up on her vow or not, she will often vow revenge on anyone who interferes with her, or anything she enjoys doing, especially on Grim and Billy.
- Being one of the main characters on the show, she sometimes plays a huge major role in an episode, like in "Little Rock of Horrors", her brain was so powerful, that the Brain Eating Meteor couldn’t resist and was melted away as Mandy took over his body.
- Although she is often angry and bitter, her few interests have been known to coax a more positive side out of her.
- Her opinion on Grim is probably slightly higher, while she thinks he’s normally bad at his job of being the Grim Reaper, she at least acknowledges that he has the power to take the lives of anyone he faces, but sees that he sometimes can’t use it properly.
- Even though she mostly sees Billy and Grim as servants to her, there have been moments where she does care about them, as they will often work together when they need to save the day from more evil threats, such as the Boogey Man and Eris.
- It’s interesting and fun to watch her speaking to us after the theme song, as each episode that does this brings more cleverness and charm to the character.
- Like Billy and the other children in the show, she has a cute character design.
- Grey DeLisle did a good job voicing her.
- In the 2006 video game, her Mojo Meltdown has her smile causing her opponents to get knocked out by how bright it is.
- Mandy generally regards human interaction as nothing more than a means to an end, and cares little for most people.
- Mandy's bossy attitude can make her unlikable sometimes, even to the point of mistreating Grim and/or everyone else for no discernible reason.
- She was sadly flanderized in seasons 5-6.
- Despite being likable in the first 4 seasons, she still was a Karma Houdini before seasons 5-6 as she nearly almost never gets punished for her actions in the entire series, even before the last 2 seasons.
- Her head shape resembles Bendy's head shape.
- NOTE: Bendy is a character from Bendy and the Ink Machine.
- She is inspired by Wednesday Addams from The Addams Family.
- Cartoon characters
- American characters
- Strong characters
- Decent characters
- Characters who went downhill
- Cartoon Network characters
- 2000s characters
- Hilarious characters
- Funny characters
- Internet memes
- Sarcastic characters
- Titular characters
- Cartoon Cartoons
- Grey DeLisle characters