Why He's The Sweet Relief of Death
- For starters, he is easily one of the most memorable characters in The Super Mario Bros. Movie, as he provides good black comedy to make the film shine. He can be seen as a relatable character.
- The concept of a Luma who is morbid and obsessed with death is interesting and is executed pretty well.
- He steals the show with his hilarious/memorable dialouge such as:
- "In an insane world, it is the sane who are crazy."
- "Time, like hope, is an illusion."
- "There's no escape. The only hope is the sweet relief of death."
- "Life is sad. Prison is sad. Life in prison is very, very sad."
- "Ooh, fresh meat for the grinder."
- "There is no sunshine. Only darkness!"
- "Now that's a happy ending. Or is it. Because everything's over now, and all that's left is you and the infinite void. Kinda makes you wanna play saxophone, huh?"
- He is shown to care for others such as his fellow prisoners and maybe even the Lumas and his mother.
- Juliet Jelenic does a great and an entertaining job voicing Lumalee as her child voice fits Lumalee great, and Yuya Takezawa even reprises his role as the Lumalee via archive recordings in his sound effects.
- His design is cute and resembles the regular Lumas. Especially since his design is a combination of the regular Lumas and Lumalee
- Tanooki Mario saves him from getting burned into Lava.
- He has an hilarious post-credits scene before the credits roll, even though Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina, Princess Daisy (depending on your view), Bowser Jr., Dry Bowser, the Koopalings, Wart, and King K. Rool should have been in the post-credit scene.
- Even though he is a supporting character, he made an impact as one of the film's supporting characters.
- His morbid entertaing character personality makes him stand out from the other character.
Bad Lumalee Qualities
- He is the only Luma to appear in the movie, not to speak of, there's no backstory of where he came from (though it's highly likely he came from the Comet Obsevertary in space), nor there is a post-credit scene of him going back to space with Rosalina, Rosalina appearing, or Rosalina picking him up.
- His jokes, while funny, can be a bit disturbing.