Luca is a supporting antagonist from DreamWorks' 9th full-length animated 2004 feature film Shark Tale. He is a nonsensical and stupid octopus who works for Don Lino as his consignor. He frequently annoys Don Lino a lot because of his talkativeness and for the jokes he makes, although he is very demonstrative and loyal to him.
Why He Rocks
- A lot of Luca's humor is more natural than just pop culture references.
- He is comically stupid as a "villain". For example, when talking to Oscar on the phone, he nearly gave away his name and stated the obvious once Lenny got his disguise undone. He is basically the male seaworthy equivalent of Karen Smith from Mean Girls.
- Vincent Pastore did a great job voicing Luca.
- Luca plays the piano well. Unfortunately, this can be found in the trailers.
- Like the other villains that aren't Lola, he redeems himself by the end.
- Unlike a majority of the characters, he doesn't resemble his voice actor.
- Much like Lumpy: His stupidity can come off as annoyingly unfunny or obvious to some. Because of this, he is a character you can either like or hate, depending on your view.
- While his design isn't as bad as every other character that represents their voice actors, it's still kind of ugly, because he looks like a photorealistic Squidward Tentacles.
- Luca would have been killed by Lola in an earlier draft but it was rewritten because it was too dark.
- An alternate take of Luca using the phonograph has him saying "Hey, boss! I put the record on the wrong song!" instead of "Hey, boss! Big butts!"
- Famed YouTuber Schaffrillas Productions personally liked Luca for being one of the more tolerable characters of Shark Tale.