Luan Loud is one of the main characters of The Loud House. She is a 14-year-old (later 15-year-old) girl, is the fourth-oldest child of the Loud family, and an amateur comedian. While she can be an annoying comedian and ruthless prankster at times but she has a friendly side, and loves cute things as well. She is voiced by Cristina Pucelli, who also voices other characters such as Mr. Coconuts.
Why She's Adorably Comedic
- Although all of her jokes and puns are annoying to her family, most of them are still very hilarious to laugh at.
- Despite her sadistic and ruthless attitude, she is usually very friendly and nice towards her family and friends.
- She is nicely voice acted by Cristina Pucelli. Despite being 14/15 years old, she has a very cute high-pitched voice similar to that of a younger girl. It is not a lot compared to the voice described below (see BQ#5).
- Her high-pitched laugh is so cute to listen to.
- She is the happiest character in the series.
- Even though she laughs at others misfortunes, ruthlessly pranks others and comes off as an annoyance, she still does it in a non-lethal way, which shows that she cares about others.
- Her very cute design.
- She is usually one of the nicer siblings, she just gets insane every year on April Fools' Day.
- Similar to characters such as Pinkie Pie, she has a very positive and cheerful attitude. She is very optimistic, as she is supportive of her siblings, and especially makes them laugh and feel better.
- For example in "Head's Poet Anxiety", she sacrificed her dream and helped Lucy to take it instead.
- She has a good relationship with her roommate and sisters, Luna Loud and her ventriloquist dummy Mr. Coconuts.
- She has a special dream of getting to perform at the Royal Woods Theater.
- Her song "Luan's Laugh Parade" from "Really Loud House" is good to listen to. In fact, she is the person who sings it.
- In relation to WS'sAC#1, some of her jokes and puns can be rather annoying and unfunny most of the time. Also, Luan herself can be annoying at times.
- Also, she acts as a villainous prankster as seen in episodes such as "April Fools Rules" and "Fool's Paradise", but thankfully in the later episode "Fool Me Twice", she got her comeuppance for that.
- Her romance with Benny Stein (depending on your view) can be pure cringe.
- While it is nice to see her go to high school at Royal Woods High School, she's never seen graduating middle school at Royal Woods Middle School on-screen, which can be weird and confusing to some viewers.
- Her live-action voice actress (Catherine Ashmore Bradley) and design are inaccurate and unacceptable, especially because her voice was a bit lower pitched despite clearly having a lot of effort and emotion put in. Thankfully, she does admittedly improve her acting in The Really Loud House.
- In the fifth season, she almost rarely got any focus, as she is the only Loud sister who doesn't have an episodes more than two (three if counting "Undercover Mom") episodes on herself). Sure in "Silence of the Luans", and "Director's Rut" is where she got the spotlight, but still.
- Depending on your view, similar to Lincoln, Clyde, Liam, Rusty, Zach, Stella, and to a lesser extent, Lynn, Lisa, and Lola, she has gotten too much episodes in seasons 6-onward. Luan's episodes are:
- "Stressed for the Part"
- "Save Royal Woods" (depending on your view)
- "The Taunting Hour" (depending on your view)
- "The Last Laugh"
- "Cat-astrophe" (depending on your view)
- "Right Where We Belong" (depending on your view, if you also indeed consider the short as an episode in the show)
- "Flippee Jingle" (depending on your view, if you indeed really consider the short as an episode in the show)
- "Puns and Buns"
- "A Prank of Their Own"
- "Dog Day Afternoon"
- In season 2's "Mall of Duty", Luan is shown to be attending Royal Woods High School with her older siblings Luna, Leni, and Lori, but none of the four had lines in that episode. However, in that same season, in the episode "L is for Love", she is shown to be attending Royal Woods Middle School, since the lockers are red. Despite the fact that "L is for Love" takes place before "Mall of Duty", Luan moved up a grade from 8th grade to 9th grade and went to high school (though they never showed her middle school graduation on-screen). "Fandom Pains" is also the last episode where she is in middle school, and "Rita Her Rights" is the first episode where she's in high school in 9th grade (and attending school with Lori, Leni, and Luna). She was a freshman from season 3's "Rita Her Rights" to season 4's "Coupe Dreams".
- As of season 5 (as of "Schooled!"), she is now a sophomore in high school and attends school with her siblings Leni and Luna, since Lori left for college.
- Though she stopped doing pranks in "Fool Me Twice", she seems to be going back to them as "Silence of the Luans". This is also seen in later episodes that imply this.
- The Loud House characters
- Cute characters
- Funny characters
- Hilarious characters
- Optimistic characters
- Nickelodeon characters
- American characters
- Beware the nice ones
- Intelligent characters
- Gullible characters
- Sadistic characters
- Cartoon characters
- Comic relief
- Titular characters