Lord Farquaad is the main antagonist of the 2001 animated film Shrek. He was voiced by John Lithgow.
Why He Rules Far Far Away
- He has memorable quotes such as "Ugh! It's disgusting!" and "The ogre has fallen in love with the princess".
- Unlike other animated villains, he is genuinely friendly despite being prejudiced to fairy tale creatures.
- He is a great satirical take on people such as Napoleon, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Michael Eisner.
- He has a lot of funny moments, such as where he interrogates Gingy.
- He is considered one of the best DreamWorks Animation villains of all time.
- John Lithgow did an amazing job bringing Farquaad to life.
- He returns in a few video games and Shrek 4-D as a ghost.
- He was eaten whole by Dragon, who helped Shrek and Donkey stop Farquaad and Fiona's wedding.
Qualities That He Should Be Eaten By A Dragon
- His last name sounds like a swear word.
- He doesn't appear in the Xbox/GameCube game that is based on the first film. He appeared in the Hassle at the Castle game, which remedied this and is more faithful to the film.
- Farquaad is based on Disney CEO Michael Eisner, who is a rival to DreamWorks CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg.