“🎶I've got somewhere I belong! I've got somebody to love! This is what dre-e-e-ams! Are made of!🎶” ―Lizzie singing her song in The Lizzie McGuire Movie and about her love interest, Gordo
Elizabeth Brooke "Lizzie" McGuire is the daughter of Sam and Jo McGuire, older sister of Matt McGuire, and the titular main protagonist of the Disney Channel show Lizzie McGuire, and its movie, The Lizzie McGuire Movie. She is portrayed as a caring, rational, and cooperative person, although her animated alter-ego displays her true feelings from time to time. She is the best friend of Miranda Sanchez, and the girlfriend of David ''Gordo'' Gordon.
Why She Rocks
- Lizzie is a very likable character, as she’s your average teenager going though some tough stage in life, but is caring, rational and cooperative.
- She has a great bond with her family, and despite her brother, Matt, getting on her nerves at times, she still loves him very much, and shows it on a few occasions, like protecting him when she thought a robber was breaking into the house in "Misadventures in Babysitting", which is heartwarming.
- She has a great friendship with Miranda, and it really shows, like when she saved Miranda from getting paint on her in "Picture Day", and when she helps Miranda get over her eating disorder in the very serious episode, "Inner Beauty".
- Lizzie has great character development as the series progresses, like before, when she didn’t want to anything with Kate, but they started to work together and get along more later on, and they are friends by the end of The Lizzie McGuire Movie.
- Lizzie is a great friend to everyone, as the school went to her house to dance after she sacrificed herself to save the school dance in "You're a Good Man, Lizzie McGuire", and when they cheered for her when she sang in Rome during The Lizzie McGuire Movie.
- She is at her best during The Lizzie McGuire Movie, as she works together with Kate and Gordo to help her get famous, believes Gordo and Isabella when told that Pablo isn’t as sweet as he is, and after tricking him, she sang on stage alone after Gordo gave her confidence, and that lead to her becoming popular, but doesn’t let the fame go to her head.
- Speaking of Gordo, Lizzie has an awesome relationship with him, as they comfort each other at times, have some cute moments, and are always there for each other. They become a couple at the end of The Lizzie McGuire Movie, with a great romantic kiss.
- Lizzie’s animated version of herself was a pretty good idea, as if she was to get her animated series.
- Lizzie's animated consciousness is used to portray her real feelings in situations where she's too kind to grow a spine, something we can all relate to.
- Animated Lizzie's snarkiness is hilarious and fun to watch, even for those who normally don't like Disney's sitcoms.
- Hilary Duff did an amazing job playing as both live-action and animated Lizzie.
- She, along with Andi Mack, is the best character created by Terri Minsky, as well as one of the best Disney Channel characters in history.